Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nice to meet you all.
I´m almost a brand new Devialet (220Pro) owner.
I´d throw my traditional system away; heavy amp, pre, transport, dac, speakers, etc, etc.
Now i´m without music at home... and with a lot of doubts to solve about it. That´s why i´m here, joyning the people who knows.

I´m closing a cicle, a heavy and limited cicle. Now i´m searching for something light, versatile, from these days and... with good sound too.

I heard a Expert 220 Pro in a local dealer with the very good looking Sonus Faber Olympica lll and the double price Sabrina´s from Wilson Audio. I was very skeptical about this kind of all-in-one and very small and lightweight amplifier but in the end i bend myself to 220 Pro skills.

Now, here come the questions:
Speakers?
Cd transport or a NAS to all my cd´s?
Is the Micromega M-One a good alternative?
And so on, and so on...

Please, let me know all your experience.
I´m a newcomer.

Thanks so much in a advance,

Cheers.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Hello Boyscout, firstly welcome here!

Speakers, i myself own the SFO II's, you have heard the III's, which have more bass. I am very content with them in combination with a 200.

I am using a NAS to store all the music on and use a PC with the player software ROON to stream to the Devialet using Air. This sounds really great!

I have no expierence with the Micomega, i am interested also if it compares to Devialet.
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Can you tell us what your previous system was?
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Hi Bartype,

First of all, a huge hugh to my first fellow answering me here!

Yeah, you´re right about SF O. lll, they´re gorgeous and with a respectable bass.
That´s that kind of simplicity i´m tryng for my new system. I had a lot of big stuff (several sonus faber included...) and now i´m trying to go in another direction.

My doubt about the M-One is the strenght to drive big speakers, but tomorrow i´ll talk with the local dealer about it, for coincidence they represent both brands, Devialet and Micromega.

Thanks a lot, Bartype.

Cheers
(20-Nov-2016, 21:31)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Can you tell us what your previous system was?

Sure i can.
Lately i´d a ML 390S, a pre ML380S and ML 336 feeding a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema. All cables from Tara Labs (0.8, The One)
And then, i sold all the stuff.
Hello - how did you like the Extremas (I assume you don't mean the Ex3ma)? I'm quite a fan of Sonus faber and have always wanted to hear a pair. Did you try them with the 220 at all?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(20-Nov-2016, 22:47)thumb5 Wrote: Hello - how did you like the Extremas (I assume you don't mean the Ex3ma)?  I'm quite a fan of Sonus faber and have always wanted to hear a pair.  Did you try them with the 220 at all?

Hi, thumb5,

I´d my Extremas for around 15 years. They´re my system pride! Big in everything, but i knew the tome has to come.
If i´d a problem more (i had once...) i need a lot of money to solve it.
In the other hand, the speakers are the system section i like to change. 15 years are enough.
(20-Nov-2016, 22:47)thumb5 Wrote: Hello - how did you like the Extremas (I assume you don't mean the Ex3ma)?  I'm quite a fan of Sonus faber and have always wanted to hear a pair.  Did you try them with the 220 at all?

I didn´t try my Extrema´s with Devialet, they´re sold already and i tryed 220 Pro just last friday, at the dealer.
All very fresh and new for me, now.
(20-Nov-2016, 22:40)BoyScout Wrote:
(20-Nov-2016, 21:31)Nakatomi63 Wrote: Can you tell us what your previous system was?

Sure i can.
Lately i´d a ML 390S, a pre ML380S and ML 336 feeding a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema. All cables from Tara Labs (0.8, The One)
And then, i sold all the stuff.

Well, your previous system was serious...
Have you noticed many differences between the D220 Pro and your previous system in the sound quality? Could you tell us something about it?
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Sure,

I listened a 220 Pro with a pair of SF OL. lll and a pair of Wilson Sabrina.
The sound seems a bit better than my old system (incredible, considering the amount of $$$), but was out of my place.
The Sabrina´s strongers but a bit more flat then the SF´s.
As soon as i decide to buy the 220Pro, i´ll try it at home. We´ll see, then.