Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nice to meet you all.
Great system, congrats!
I´ affraid i´ll go the same way.
Thanks so much for the tips.
Cheers.
I own the SF Olympica II with the dev200. Amazing match and if you're room isn't extremely big i would suggest to go with the II's. I talked with different people and almost eveyone thought the II is better than the III. For me the balance in the II wins it over the extra bass in the III and of course the price is much more interesting.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
(21-Nov-2016, 21:48)jvoki Wrote: Hi BoyScout,
I have very simple stereo but very complicated AV home cinema

Source for my stereo is online streaming Tidal, Spotify and NAS, NUC by USB to 220pro, all my cd is in garage. Next week i will upgrade to ROON.

For my wife i prepared raspberry with airplay, and shee is able play very simple all music on apple source ( on off and volume by wifefriendly devialet remonte control ) My wife is satisfied with nice design SFOIII, one nice box 220pro, no cable and nice sound.

AV is complicated with my AV receiver and pre out connection with 220pro, i have tv, projector and surround speaker. I am using raspberry with hifiberry and optics and hdmi connecton and automatics detection non stereo sound to link with picture to AV receiver by hdmi.

220pro i have one month after upgrade my old 120. SFOIII i have from summer after upgrade from Heco. 
All Best
Jvoki

Hi Jvoki,
I find it quite interesting you have changed form Heco to SFOIII! I have also the same plan. Therefore my question - do you have the Heco The new statement? If yes, is the very nice bass of the heco's comparable with the SFOIII?
Devialet 200; JRiver; Gizmo; Heco "The New Statement";

Target in Future Devialet 400; Innuos Mini MKIII; Focal Sopra II or Utopia Diablo or Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III
(20-Nov-2016, 18:41)BoyScout Wrote: I´m almost a brand new Devialet (220Pro) owner.
I´d throw my traditional system away; heavy amp, pre, transport, dac, speakers, etc, etc.
Now i´m without music at home... and with a lot of doubts to solve about it. That´s why i´m here, joyning the people who knows.

I´m closing a cicle, a heavy and limited cicle. Now i´m searching for something light, versatile, from these days and... with good sound too.

I heard a Expert 220 Pro in a local dealer with the very good looking Sonus Faber Olympica lll and the double price Sabrina´s from Wilson Audio. I was very skeptical about this kind of all-in-one and very small and lightweight amplifier but in the end i bend myself to 220 Pro skills.

Now, here come the questions:
Speakers?
Cd transport or a NAS to all my cd´s?
Is the Micromega M-One a good alternative?
And so on, and so on...

Please, let me know all your experience.
I´m a newcomer.

Thanks so much in a advance,

Cheers.
Gallo Ref 3.5. Find them used and buy them. if you don't like them I'll buy them off you. Then I can replace my Ref. 3.1s. I can afford more pricier speakers but that be a waist. I rather save that money for another Devialet 250. You can probably find a used pair for around $5 grand Canadian.
Devialet 250 Pro, Marantz SA-11 S2, Dell 2T HDD/250 SSD/24GB Mem.,using Fidelizer Pro software with JRivers. Hyperion 968 speakers. Cabling consists of Nordost Heimdall 2 power cables to all components with Nordost Qx4 inline to Devialet, all other wiring are Nordost Valhalla. I am tri-wiring the Hyperion 968s. 
 Less is More, more or less
(23-Nov-2016, 18:36)Stephan84 Wrote: Hi Jvoki,
I find it quite interesting you have changed form Heco to SFOIII! I have also the same plan. Therefore my question - do you have the Heco The new statement? If yes, is the very nice bass of the heco's comparable with the SFOIII?

Hi Stephan84,

I had Heco Celan and I had several reasons for the change, especially a new house and a bigger room. Many people solve bass SFOIII, but I'm excited. I eliminated all the defects of settings and Devialet controls luxuriously bass and Sam is an amazing technological advances.
Heco celan and SFOIII are not comparable in any way.
woodstock
(20-Nov-2016, 18:41)BoyScout Wrote: I´m almost a brand new Devialet (220Pro) owner.
I´d throw my traditional system away; heavy amp, pre, transport, dac, speakers, etc, etc.
Now i´m without music at home... and with a lot of doubts to solve about it. That´s why i´m here, joyning the people who knows.

I´m closing a cicle, a heavy and limited cicle. Now i´m searching for something light, versatile, from these days and... with good sound too.

I heard a Expert 220 Pro in a local dealer with the very good looking Sonus Faber Olympica lll and the double price Sabrina´s from Wilson Audio. I was very skeptical about this kind of all-in-one and very small and lightweight amplifier but in the end i bend myself to 220 Pro skills.

Now, here come the questions:
Speakers?
Cd transport or a NAS to all my cd´s?
Is the Micromega M-One a good alternative?
And so on, and so on...

Please, let me know all your experience.
I´m a newcomer.

Thanks so much in a advance,

Cheers.
Gallo Ref 3.5. Find them used and buy them. if you don't like them I'll buy them off you. Then I can replace my Ref. 3.1s. I can afford more pricier speakers but that be a waist. I rather save that money for another Devialet 250. You can probably find a used pair for around $5 grand Canadian.

Hi woodstock,

Thanks for the advice. I´ll check if there are a pair around to try, but it seems a bit short for my room, about 40 sq meters.
We´ll see.
Cherrs