Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the consequences for not upgrading to pro?
(22-Nov-2016, 16:19)k1282 Wrote:
(22-Nov-2016, 14:19)Confused Wrote: I went for the Pro purely on the basis of what it offered with respect to improved sound quality.  If the streamer board or any currently unknown features prove to be useful to me in the future, this will be a bonus.  It has to be said that the relative cost of going Pro from a D800 is a lot lower than from a D200, so a very careful audition or home evaluation would be required to establish if sound quality alone is worth the money.  

Personally, I would not upgrade based on the promise of as yet unknown future features, I would upgrade based only on what is available and verifiable now.  In effect you have the option to upgrade at any time.  Why not wait a year?  Sit back and enjoy the D200.  If at some time in the future there is some new feature on the Pro that you feel you would like, sell or PX your D200 for a new or second-hand Pro, get the best deal you can.  This would most likely cost no more than the upgrade now, and at least you would be spending your cash knowing for certain what you are getting.

I tend to agree here. 

Devialet themselves just told me that the Devialet OS is currently intended for DLNA and Phantom compatibility. Anything else is currently not known and therefore also not clear in how far it will be applicablt to the "non-pro" devices.

The only disadvantage for upgrading next year is their "free Devialet OS card" saving me 1800€ if ordering the upgrade this year. Given however the currently intended features of the Devialet OS card, I can live with that. + if they offer it for free this year, I do not see y it keeps them from offering it for free next year. I mean silicone gets cheaper and not more expensive with time...
+1 from my point of sound.
As long as I have no opportunity for an in depth sound comparison (my dealer in Frankfurt has no information when to receive the first Pros although being one of the major High End stores in Germany), I will not consider to upgrade. For sure DNLA is not an argument for me at all. Air works perfectly in my setup and DNLA is not easily supported by my Mac as streaming source. I had tested it previosly an was not impressed.
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(22-Nov-2016, 13:51)Cylob Wrote: I am too scared to loose my beloved 7.1.3 firmware sound to even think about an upgrade.

You are not ALONE;-)

And because we can't install 7.1.3 on Pro this upgrade is not for me.

I bought Devialet because offered me all-in-one system in one box with great sound for 6000 EURO. Maybe in future I will upgrade to s/h Le250 if I spot any for 5000 EURO. I can wait some years for a good offer. No problem...

Now I am really very happy with 200.
You might even consider upgrading to a 400, Moreno. Same sound Signature you have now and the extra benefits of a double mono setup.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(23-Nov-2016, 09:15)kerkhoffd Wrote: You might even consider upgrading to a 400, Moreno. Same sound Signature you have now and the extra benefits of a double mono setup.

I like ONE unit concept. This is why I bought Devialet.
Then 250 is the way to go indeed.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(23-Nov-2016, 15:32)moreno1973 Wrote:
(23-Nov-2016, 09:15)kerkhoffd Wrote: You might even consider upgrading to a 400, Moreno. Same sound Signature you have now and the extra benefits of a double mono setup.

I like ONE unit concept. This is why I bought Devialet.

That's why I went 250. Never had a chance to compare 220 to 250 to see if there's much difference, but figured that copper base plate has to be useful for something. In scrap value alone! Wink

Worth bearing in mind that Devialet are saying the 250 is discontinued while the 220 is very much current.

Yes, if you like firmware 7 (like me) the pro seems restrictive, but overall I prefer the sound even with 10.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Devialet's statement that the 250 Pro is not a current model model is rather curious considering I have seen the 250 Pro on a number of dealer websites / price lists. Very strange! This was mentioned at the Oxford 1000 Pro launch event, where it was confirmed that the 250 continues as a descrete model even though it is absent from the Devilaet website. Although it's worth noting that this is nothing new, the D250 was banished from Devialet's website a couple of years ago. I actually think the 250 Pro as a descrete model makes a lot of sense. It is just about the ultimate 'single box' audio product, and it makes a potential 'stepping stone' to a 1000 Pro. On a personal level, I recall my D240/D250 days with much fondness!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Yeah it's odd. They were pretty clear, to the point of saying if I ever wanted to make a 1000pro not to worry because there would be opportunities to buy another 250 in the second hand marketplace. I tried to follow up further but I find the ticket system combined with language barrier and possibly (dare I say) lack of internal communication just means things peter out. Irrelevant to me now as I've got one anyway I suppose.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I've just discovered a benefit to the upgrade that I have not seen mentioned yet on the forum, and it surprises me as this is such a sharp-eyed crowd. I'm referring to the high-quality, exclusive, limited-edition, monogrammed Devialet carry bag. Subtly, but critically, the new bag sports a replica of the new power button. Show up in public with this rare beauty, and those-in-the-know will know whats in your rack.... bring home the bacon in the finest of hi-fi branded stylin' bags! Or, you could carry your amp in in it, I suppose.

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada