Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focal Sopra 2
I just switched out my Gallo Reference speakers for a pair of Focal Sopra 2 powered by a Devialet 200.  Simply incredible.  I will post further thoughts as I work my way through the break in period.

To those with the Sopra 2, the central dust caps in the uppermost driver seem loose and can actually be completely removed exposing the central portion of the driver in a recessed cavity.  There is no mention of this in the manual -- is the central black dust cover on your upper driver removable or is it fixed in position? I do seem to get distortion in the upper frequencies with the dust cover in place and I'm uncertain how the speakers are supposed to be run given the lack of clarification in the manual.  All the photos seem to show the dust cover in place....

Thanks in advance.
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2
(22-Nov-2016, 23:33)El_Duderino Wrote: I just switched out my Gallo Reference speakers for a pair of Focal Sopra 2 powered by a Devialet 200.  Simply incredible.  I will post further thoughts as I work my way through the break in period.

To those with the Sopra 2, the central dust caps in the uppermost driver seem loose and can actually be completely removed exposing the central portion of the driver in a recessed cavity.  There is no mention of this in the manual -- is the central black dust cover on your upper driver removable or is it fixed in position? I do seem to get distortion in the upper frequencies with the dust cover in place and I'm uncertain how the speakers are supposed to be run given the lack of clarification in the manual.  All the photos seem to show the dust cover in place....

Thanks in advance.

They are not ment to be removed mine sits really firm and if yours are loose there is a fault with your speakers I think.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(26-Nov-2016, 06:42)octaviars Wrote:
(22-Nov-2016, 23:33)El_Duderino Wrote: I just switched out my Gallo Reference speakers for a pair of Focal Sopra 2 powered by a Devialet 200.  Simply incredible.  I will post further thoughts as I work my way through the break in period.

Thanks in advance.

They are not ment to be removed mine sits really firm and if yours are loose there is a fault with your speakers I think.

Thanks. I checked in with the dealer...the drivers are faulty and need to be replaced. I figured as much when the dust cap literally fell out of the speaker as soon as I started playing music.
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2