Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable quality
Supra makes a CAT8 one http://www.jenving.com/products/view/cat...1001908589 which is quite reasonable and supposed to sound better than Audioquest. I am waiting for a new Macbook Pro and I am wondering how thunderbolt 3/ USB-C will work with ethernet/AIR (using a dongle)?
The price of the Supra is only appr. 1/10 of the Vodka, which is nice. I'll try one out and see (hear). Where did you hear that it's better than AQ?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Never read a review or report that the Supra's are better than a Vodka or Diamond so I'm curious to that as well and also to which specific AQ model(s) it was compared (AQ has five).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Dec-2016, 19:28)frejo Wrote: I have tried the Vodka a couple of days now and I think the difference is more than subtle. But I think the connecting is a bit lose in to the Devialet. Is this normal?

I can recall that it fitted just fine, of course the cable is a bit firm.
(15-Dec-2016, 21:13)frejo Wrote: The price of the Supra is only appr. 1/10 of the Vodka, which is nice. I'll try one out and see (hear). Where did you hear that it's better than AQ?

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-ne...les-28894/
So did anyone try AIR ethernet with a recent Macbooks Pro which replaced ethernet with thunderbolt3/USB-C + dongle?
(15-Dec-2016, 21:52)Xander Wrote:
(15-Dec-2016, 19:28)frejo Wrote: I have tried the Vodka a couple of days now and I think the difference is more than subtle. But I think the connecting is a bit lose in to the Devialet. Is this normal?

I can recall that it fitted just fine, of course the cable is a bit firm.

Ok, thanks. I can wiggle the plug quite a lot so something is probably wrong here...
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(16-Dec-2016, 01:31)Music or sound Wrote:
(15-Dec-2016, 21:13)frejo Wrote: The price of the Supra is only appr. 1/10 of the Vodka, which is nice. I'll try one out and see (hear). Where did you hear that it's better than AQ?

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f22-ne...les-28894/

Just one guy there who compared the Supra to AQ and it was an AQ Cinnamon.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands