Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music file organisation
(03-Dec-2016, 01:38)alandbush Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 14:57)Womaz Wrote: I have purchased this as it was  worth the gamble, but I am struggling to make sense of it all. I will watch a few videos to see if it gets any clearer.
The files are correctly tagged on my Melco .......its the app that does not recognise them. So not sure if this tagger will help. My aplogies for my total lack of knowledge here.

I took the opportunity to try the trial suite and was, frankly, baffled.
I normally persevere until I understand how an app/software functions but honestly I could not be bothered.
I am clearly not on the same wavelength as the developers.
I recall JRiver being more logical to my way of thinking.
Any occasional tag editing I need to do is handled adequately by DBPoweramp.

Anyway, I wish you the best in learning how to use what appears to be a powerful tagging tool.

Yes a waste of a Friday night I am afraid......so complex!!
I have watched the tutorials and then watched them again......baffled is the word Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
To be fair I have tidied a few files up. However I now have two albums which now do not have the artwork. I have followed the instructions to a tee and they do not solve the issue.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
There is an option to embed the album cover into the file. Have you ticked it? You should find it on the menu bar
(03-Dec-2016, 02:58)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: There is an option to embed the album cover into the file. Have you ticked it? You should find it on the menu bar

I have tried everything, Save album covers, embed album covers. The JPG file sits in the album file now, but the app still does not show it.
I will look at the tutorials again, but they are very poor. I have no doubt this software works as I have tidied up files, but this can also lead to loss of artwork

Starting to think problems with metadata is just something we all have to accept if we want to store and play our music in this way. I dread to think how impossible this would be if you are into classical music.
Well, getting it right is a struggle, for sure, but worth it in the end (at least, I find it so).

Sorry if I missed it, but: what exactly is the "app" that you're talking about? Maybe the problem is there rather than in your metadata?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(03-Dec-2016, 10:58)thumb5 Wrote: Well, getting it right is a struggle, for sure, but worth it in the end (at least, I find it so).

Sorry if I missed it, but: what exactly is the "app" that you're talking about?  Maybe the problem is there rather than in your metadata?

Yes I will persevere as i think its worth it. I also have one of those obsessive natures where I have to have everything right Smile

At present I am using the Lumin app, but the Kinsky app has the same issues, so i think its metadata.
Melco of course still dont have an app and its my own stupid fault for choosing the Melco over the Aurender.
Its a year since my Melco purchase and maybe its time to accept its not doing what I wanted it to do.
(03-Dec-2016, 11:28)Womaz Wrote: Yes I will persevere as i think its worth it. I also have one of those obsessive natures where I have to have everything right  Smile

Just a reminder, if it is needed, that ideally all changes to computer files should be made to copies, especially batch updates.  Yes, extra steps are required but what a relief to be able to restore should things go awry, heaven forbid.

(03-Dec-2016, 11:28)Womaz Wrote: At present I am using the Lumin app, but the Kinsky app has the same issues, so i think its metadata.
Melco of course still dont have an app and its my own stupid fault for choosing the Melco over the Aurender.
Its a year since my Melco purchase and maybe its time to accept its not doing what I wanted it to do.

Dare I say that it is naive to expect any Melco app to be significantly different to the Lumin/Kinsky versions.
Unless I missed it, I don't think Melco have released any details regarding their app so what makes you think it will be better?
What, for you, is lacking in the Lumin?
Or, more pertinently, what do you want an app to do?

Happy to help experimenting with the Lumin app if you describe your issues.
(03-Dec-2016, 10:53)Womaz Wrote:
(03-Dec-2016, 02:58)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: There is an option to embed the album cover into the file. Have you ticked it? You should find it on the menu bar

I have tried everything, Save album covers, embed album covers. The JPG file sits in the album file now, but the app still does not show it.
I will look at the tutorials again, but they are very poor. I have no doubt this software works as I have tidied up files, but this can also lead to loss of artwork

Starting to think problems with metadata is just something we all have to accept if we want to store and play our music in this way. I dread to think how impossible this would be if you are into classical music.

The programmer of the programm is only into classical music and more than willing to help with questions about how to use the programm.

When you post a question here, i would suggest to also send an email to: support@musichi.eu.
Maybe his reply will explain how things work better than us.

Lastly, maybe the problem is the app you are using.

Have you tried to see if the albums are dispalyed in a pc/laptop usin foobar for example? That will give you an idea where the problem lies....
(03-Dec-2016, 10:53)Womaz Wrote:

Please read below links and tell me if they do the job:

https://musichieu.wordpress.com/tagging-...pics/tips/
https://musichieu.wordpress.com/tagging-...ng-part-3/
(02-Dec-2016, 22:14)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: To bypass this problem, is have decided to also write next to the album the company and the barcode and then the year . For example,

Pink Floyd - The wall [warner music - 1234567] (2007)

This way I can track the different versions of the same album.

I like to put the date of release before the album title. This way, the albums are listed in chronological order, which I find useful.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England