Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration DEQX & 400
The issue I see , albeit I dont have a dvl8 yet , is that your mapping is limited , you would essentially need a digital pass thru that maps input to it , but you would also have to define the loop as an input , can't see how you can allow the devialet to do that..IE if you set the output from the processor in the loop as an input , how do you get an input playing to it... if that makes sense...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Yes, that makes perfect sense and had worried me too. As things stand the only option seems to be to route the digital signal through a DEQX or similar before the Dev's digital inputs, which means that vinyl users who want the option of external EQ would have to digitize the analog signal prior to EQ. Can a DEQX do this, or would an external ADC be necessary?

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I've logged an enquiry with both devialet and deqx hopefully I can get some clarity and I'll be sure to post a response

(20-Oct-2014, 10:45)Jwg1749 Wrote: Yes, that makes perfect sense and had worried me too. As things stand the only option seems to be to route the digital signal through a DEQX or similar before the Dev's digital inputs, which means that vinyl users who want the option of external EQ would have to digitize the analog signal prior to EQ. Can a DEQX do this, or would an external ADC be necessary?

I think that might be the case yes u can feed an Analogue signal to the deqx apply the DSP then output again in this case I'm assuming U would want to output in digital to reduce the amount of AD conversions. As if you went out in analogue u would be going AD DA AD again if that makes sense
(20-Oct-2014, 12:20)DBdub Wrote: I've logged an enquiry with both devialet and deqx hopefully I can get some clarity and I'll be sure to post a response

(20-Oct-2014, 10:45)Jwg1749 Wrote: Yes, that makes perfect sense and had worried me too. As things stand the only option seems to be to route the digital signal through a DEQX or similar before the Dev's digital inputs, which means that vinyl users who want the option of external EQ would have to digitize the analog signal prior to EQ. Can a DEQX do this, or would an external ADC be necessary?

I think that might be the case yes u can feed an Analogue signal to the deqx apply the DSP then output again in this case I'm assuming U would want to output in digital to reduce the amount of AD conversions. As if you went out in analogue u would be going AD DA AD again if that makes sense

I am very interested in trying the digital tape loop idea with a DEQX to do room correction for my pair of JL Audio F110’s. Curious if there was ever any word back from Devialet on this idea? While I am mostly interested in correcting 85Hz and below (leaving SAM in place and higher frequencies pristine for Raidho C1.1’s) is DEQX running full range a better approach I wonder? Also, is DEQX overkill for subwoofers only and would DSpeaker AntiMode Dual Core 2.0 (or other solutions) do just as well for a lot less money?
D440CI (Audio Prana XLR-RCA); Nordost Frey; Raidho C1.2; Artcoustic Impact-1 SL subs (4); VPI Scout; Oppo BDP-205; Roon Nucleus+; Shunyata Alpha and PC10 cabling; Stillpoint Ultra SS
(21-Aug-2015, 16:54)john_h Wrote: I am very interested in trying the digital tape loop idea with a DEQX to do room correction for my pair of JL Audio F110’s. Curious if there was ever any  word back from Devialet on this idea?  While I am mostly interested in correcting 85Hz and below (leaving SAM in place and higher frequencies pristine for Raidho C1.1’s) is DEQX running full range a better approach I wonder?  Also, is DEQX overkill for subwoofers only and would DSpeaker AntiMode Dual Core 2.0 (or other solutions) do just as well for a lot less money?

Hmm -- not sure what you had in mind by "digital tape loop".  If it was to take the digital pre-out, feed it through the DEQX and then feed the output of the DEQX to one of the Devialet's digital inputs, I suspect it's not possible (or won't work as intended).  There was a similar discussion on this forum a little while back, although relating to an analog loop, and Devialet confirmed it was not possible.

If you just want it to correct for the sub-woofer, that's not a problem as you'd presumably just put the DEQX in line between the Devialet's pre-out and the sub-woofer.

(21-Aug-2015, 16:54)john_h Wrote: Also, is DEQX overkill for subwoofers only and would DSpeaker AntiMode Dual Core 2.0 (or other solutions) do just as well for a lot less money?

I don't know about DEQX but the AntiMode Dual Core 2.0 can do full-range correction, I believe.  DSPeaker have less expensive models (like the 8033) that work for sub-woofers only.  Having said that, I have a Dual Core 2.0 and use it just for sub-woofer correction, as above; it works very well indeed.  I chose it over the 8033 mainly because I liked the ability to configure a number of correction profiles to suit different listening positions, and to select the profile via remote control.  Yes, I am that lazy Smile  For the asking price I think it's a very nice box of tricks.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I would think the problem with the tape-loop idea is that you can only select one input at a time on the Devialet, and there's no way to select (eg) a real source (CD, phono etc) which gets routed to a pre-out, and at the same time select the DEQX digital signal to route to the DAC/amp/speaker out.
Earlier in this thread there was an indication that someone was checking with Devialet about a possible workaround to be able to switch sources while using the tape loop idea.  Agreed without that, trying to integrate a DEQX (or other DRC) in a system with a vinyl source and subwoofers is way messier (probably too messy). Still hoping Devialet will come up with their own room correction solution. Seems like there would be more than ample processing power in a D400/800 given the additional processing power of the slave unit.
D440CI (Audio Prana XLR-RCA); Nordost Frey; Raidho C1.2; Artcoustic Impact-1 SL subs (4); VPI Scout; Oppo BDP-205; Roon Nucleus+; Shunyata Alpha and PC10 cabling; Stillpoint Ultra SS
Does this help,
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...x-premate/
I'm eager to try this myself,
Theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.