Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac mini or Synology (or something else)??
As good as the Aurender may be, for the money, you could buy a NAS/NUC and a Mutec MC-3+USB and still have a grand to spend on high res. files.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(30-Nov-2016, 01:34)Axel Wrote: As good as the Aurender may be, for the money, you could buy a NAS/NUC and a Mutec MC-3+USB and still have a grand to spend on high res. files.
The Aurender looks nice but is a little to expensive for the moment.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
How much would you like to spend?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(30-Nov-2016, 23:22)baddog Wrote: How much would you like to spend?

As little as possible... I'm thinking appr. what a NUC or Mac mini (used) or a qnap costs. I'm thinking of an Asus nuc, since the smallest one doesn't have a fan and should be quiet with a M.2 disk.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Devialet Gemini
I ended up buying an Asus NUC which I fitted with an M.2 disk. I'm running jriver, AIR thru Ethernet controlling it with my smartphone. A very neat, good looking system, and it sounds pretty good as well when using an AQ vodka.

/frejo
Devialet Gemini
Congrats frejo - enjoy your new NUC. Small and unobtrusive little devices aren't they?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(16-Dec-2016, 22:49)baddog Wrote: Congrats frejo - enjoy your new NUC. Small and unobtrusive little devices aren't they?

Yes, I really like it. Now if I only could get AIR to stream automatically...
Devialet Gemini
Well remember the first time you setup AIR and get the setting Automatically stream enabled, you need to QUIT AIR so that setting sticks moving forward.

Also it seems to work more consistently if the Devialet is on prior to the NUC (or do you leave your NUC on 24/7)?
SXSW, US
Thank you. It seems to work now
Devialet Gemini
Hi frejo,

I´m trying to do exactly as you: keep it simple but sounding the best possible.
You´ve almost a month of advantage from me. Can you share your experience with me?
What kind of connection have you exactly? Are you happy now? Costs a lot or not?
Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience.