Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your preferred streaming method
Dear All,

running a Devialet 200 on FW 7.1.1 and B&W 800 Diamond Loudspeakers (SAM 25%).
Streaming via PC JRiver and have tried AIR, Ethernet and USB (Wireworld Platinum).

Right now in my opinion USB is the most musical and preferred option compared to AIR sounding more analytic and also with more high frequencies. Ethernet is somewhat in the middle whereby I did read on another forum Neyton CAT 7 might be worth a try (and hence might depend somewhat on the cables used)

Whats your current preferred streaming option and what have you compared / tried out?

Kind regards,
Harald
Hi,

For what its worth. I 'stream' with my Unitiserve ie BNC out to digital 2 (RCA) in.
The little I compared before Uinitiserve had me choose the Naim instead of a pc/mac based system hooked on ethernet/usb. However of late I had a chance to listen to both Moon Mind 180 and Auralic Aries which booth sounds great between stream and Devialet. Also gives the option of running AES/EBU into the Devialet. I am now considering an Aries.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Nowadays I prefer USB as well. Also see the similar topics:

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-What-is-t...tal-source
http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Which-str...est-to-you
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thx Antoine,

for pointing me to the other existing threads - based on that I will give it a try with Crosslink Ethernet direct PC-Devialet versus USB and will feedback afterwards.

Kind regards,
Harald
(20-Oct-2014, 14:08)Mikeeo Wrote: Hi,

For what its worth. I 'stream' with my Unitiserve ie BNC out to digital 2 (RCA) in.
The little I compared before Uinitiserve had me choose the Naim instead of a pc/mac based system hooked on ethernet/usb. However of late I had a chance to listen to both Moon Mind 180 and Auralic Aries which booth sounds great between stream and Devialet. Also gives the option of running AES/EBU into the Devialet. I am now considering an Aries.

/Mike

Hi Mikeeo,

it might be worth your re-visiting AIR before you go down the streamer route. When Guillaume and Rufus compared the Totaldac D1 Server, Audirvana+/AIR, and the Aries. They rated them in that order - Totaldac first then AIR then Aries. They tried the MiND as well but I'm not sure how they rated that in the end compared to A+/AIR? With the Aries they preferred USB to AES/EBU.

Source Comparson

I'm still dithering about what to replace my iMac with. It sounds pretty good with AIR and in many ways I prefer it to my Naim NDX (via coax). I want Qobuz integration and the capability to stream hi-res rips from the same platform and control the streaming from an iPad. The Aries can do this but I don't really want to go down that path if it doesn't sound as good as what I have now Undecided

Good luck! Philip
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Given that Thierry Massoubre of Devialet recently hinted that Devialet might introduce more streaming functionality soon, my money is on waiting until next May (Munich) before spending on a new streaming set-up.
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
(20-Oct-2014, 16:20)Jwg1749 Wrote: Given that Thierry Massoubre of Devialet recently hinted that Devialet might introduce more streaming functionality soon, my money is on waiting until next May (Munich) before spending on a new streaming set-up.
Matt

Gosh you're a patient man!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Shocked 
(20-Oct-2014, 16:28)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(20-Oct-2014, 16:20)Jwg1749 Wrote: Given that Thierry Massoubre of Devialet recently hinted that Devialet might introduce more streaming functionality soon, my money is on waiting until next May (Munich) before spending on a new streaming set-up.
Matt

Gosh you're a patient man!

Guillaume

Guillaume,

It helps that I have other more pressing things to think about in the meantime, such as taming the nasty slap echo in my new living room.

And anyway: the race is not for the swift.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
This might be/get interesting as well. Unfortunately only the intro, part 1 has been published so far. http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...roduction/
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands