Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error code.
I noticed an error code on my Master a month or so ago which read "A 4098 Over Voltage". The Companion showed no error. I opened a ticket with Devialet Help and was told that this was a fault with my wiring. I run my amps from a dedicated feed from my fuse board, which I checked and found no faults.
Today, I looked at the amp and saw the -25 dB readout momentarily turn red, just for a split second. I looked at my fault codes which again read  "A 4098 Over Voltage". I checked that the plugs were pushed fully home and all was OK.
Can anyone throw any light on the subject, please?

Alex.

Edit: when the first error showed, the Master was plugged into a different circuit to the Companion as I had read that this improved sound stage. I plugged the Master into the dedicated circuit as I thought that the error may be related to another appliance plugged into the ring main.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Mains voltage can vary quite considerably over the day.  I live close to a substation and usually get up to 253V at certain times (which is just on the cusp of the maximum for the UK) but it can drop to 245V at other times. Might be worth measuring it somehow. There are cheap plugin monitors available (power monitors will often display the input voltage). A few years ago I borrowed a data logger from a local hifi dealer which measures mains over time.

However if just one unit is reporting overvoltage then that's a bit odd.
(26-Nov-2016, 17:41)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Mains voltage can vary quite considerably over the day.  I live close to a substation and usually get up to 253V at certain times (which is just on the cusp of the maximum for the UK) but it can drop to 245V at other times. Might be worth measuring it somehow. There are cheap plugin monitors available (power monitors will often display the input voltage). A few years ago I borrowed a data logger from a local hifi dealer which measures mains over time.

However if just one unit is reporting overvoltage then that's a bit odd.

I thought it was odd that the Master gave the over Voltage fault when it was plugged into two different circuits. I'm using the AQ mains leads supplied with the amps, so will swap them to see what happens.
I turned the amps off, then back on again, but the error code persisted. Is there a way to reset the error codes?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Interesting! I've had the exact same error once and also heard it happening. The amp literally stopped outputting music for a split second only my sub continued.

Took a picture of the error on the screen, exactly the same as you report, but haven't bothered yet to report it. It happened on the second or third day and I had it running continuously (playing music or a burn-in disc at low volume when away) since first power on. Removed power cord and reinserted it and it hasn't happened since, just checked no errors logged. Don't really think this reinserting the power cable solved it other than fully resetting the device. I blamed it on it being new and/or a calibration error.

My D is connected to a P3 PowerPlant to output an exact and steady 230V so I doubt it's really an external over voltage issue.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(26-Nov-2016, 18:10)Antoine Wrote: Interesting! I've had the exact same error once and also heard it happening. The amp literally stopped outputting music for a split second only my sub continued.

Took a picture of the error on the screen, exactly the same as you report, but haven't bothered yet to report it. It happened on the second or third day and I had it running continuously (playing music or a burn-in disc at low volume when away) since first power on. Removed power cord and reinserted it and it hasn't happened since, just checked no errors logged. Don't really think this reinserting the power cable solved it other than fully resetting the device. I blamed it on it being new and/or a calibration error.

My D is connected to a P3 PowerPlant to output an exact and steady 230V so I doubt it's really an external over voltage issue.
Thanks, Antoine. 
I won't bother looking at my supply circuits, but I'll reset my amp. as you did and see what happens.
South Coast England
I still don't understand how an over voltage warning could be connected to my wiring. If, say, there was a loose connection somewhere causing a break in power supply to the amp, wouldn't this cause an under voltage? Could this be a configuration or firmware problem? Do you think it would help if I were to re-flash the firmware, or try building another config. file from scratch?
I've reset the amp. by pulling the power cord and now, no fault is shown. I'll keep my eye on it and wait for Devialet's reply. Thank you all so much for your help. Where would I be without this wonderful community that is Devialet Chat to rely on?  Smile
South Coast England
I get the same error and wondered whether it is related to switching power as the providers often do as it generally only happens to me in the evening. But I see one you guys still gets this error with a mains generator. Strange indeed!!! Let me know if you find out more. M
Have tried going back to previous firmware 10.0.5 to see if resolves. So far so good