Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3R USB by Ideon Audio
(21-Jan-2017, 13:05)Antoine Wrote: LOL Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin 

Our Fragoulisnaval was asked on CA to describe the sonic character of music with the IDEON device in the chain. This is what he wrote today:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f6-dac...post627471

Quote:Sound staging seems to be more accurate, more enveloping and extended in all three dimensions with better separation, yet without losing cohesion.

Low level detail retrieval has improved (maybe this has to do with the fact that distortion/jitter is lowered) making everything sound more natural/cleaner/easier to follow also enhancing microdynamics and reproduction of vibrato and subtle timbre variations like in piano and guitars.

Bass is also more powerful/direct and notes develop more fully, from beginning to end.

And this is what I wrote about the direct connection of a SMS-200 to my music server, January 14th:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...1#pid56711

Quote:Sound staging seems to be more accurate and in any case more enveloping/extended in all three dimensions with better separation but without losing cohesion. Low level detail retrieval has improved (or distortion/jitter is lowered) making everything sound more natural/cleaner/easier to follow also enhancing microdynamics and reproduction of vibrato and subtle timbre variations like in piano and guitars. Bass is also more powerful/direct and notes develop more fully, from beginning to end.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?? Big Grin

Flattered or not, your use of English language is far superior than mine. I can ask to have it deleted if you want though
(21-Jan-2017, 13:18)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Well I don't know what you're talking about Antoine. I mean there's a couple of carriage returns after 'cohesion' for starters.  Tongue

Fair enough. Wink Big Grin

@Fragoulisnaval, don't worry about it! It gave me a good laugh, in a positive way. I myself have done it in past more than once as well. Smile

I also don't doubt it's what you hear, whether it's about the same device or not. It's simply the effects of improved signal integrity/lower jitter or whatever mechanism is at play.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I've had mine plugged in for a few days. I haven't had time to AB test. So far I have been enjoying the music and it might be that there actually is an improvement but for me, coming home after three weeks of bluetooth speaker listening, it always sounds great. I didn't listen at all before plugging it in.

Give me a week or so and I'll see what I can copy/paste.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
BTW, I sold this on to some other sucker. It does nothing whatsoever to the sound.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.