Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is the D400 "better" than the D200
Actually Soniclife is 100% right. There's differences in the class D module in the 120 vs. the other models.

120: Low Power D-Amp with 1 transformer and 4 inductors per channel

Other models: High Power D-Amp with 3 transformers and 12 inductors per channel

Edit; I see thumb5 beat me to it while I was searching for the details! Smile
Edit 2; this sums it up:

"The Devialet 120 is the least expensive product in the Devialet lineup which consists of the 120, 200, 400, 800, and 250. The model numbers corresponding to the unit's output power into 6 ohms. In terms of functionality, moving up the line also gets you more included inputs (including Line and advanced phono stage and AES/EBU) and a digital output. The 120 also differs from the 200 in terms of the ADC employed; the TI PCM4202 for the 120, and the TI PCM4220 for the 200/400/800/250. The 120 employs a "Low Power D-Amp with 1 transformer and 4 inductors per channel" while the 200 contains a "High Power D-Amp with 3 transformers and 12 inductors per channel".
Read more at http://www.audiostream.com/content/devialet-120

And/but of course the differences are mainly artificial as in they don't reflect the difference in parts cost which are of course minor. But that's how this world and capitalism works! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Sorry, you're right. Lost my concentration while posting so much last times Rolleyes

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin