Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
[quote pid='64925' dateline='1501840461']

Well, it is one year ago today that I traded my D400 for the O d'A, and I have no regrets. The sound continues to amaze me, and the reliability has been faultless. I'm looking forward, albeit with some trepidation, to what the CI board might bring, but that is the only part of my system that is likely to change in the next 12 months.

[/quote]
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Well the dark nights are on their way and so the golf makes way for more music listening. The neighbours under me have moved out and left the place empty for now. BLISS

I actually forgot how good this sounds hen played at a good volume level, as too much of ,y listening is with headphones these days.......NOTHING beats the real thing though and my system still makes me swoon every time. Maybe I appreciate it more as I can’t do this as often as I would like, but it sounds amazing. This is just the plain old 200 too. ?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Nice to hear womaz!
Me too still dev200, and i really love it! My combo is stunning now, finetuned though thru isotek sequel p.conditionner and acoustics is the next step!
Am still wondering why some folks on the net doesnt like devialet sound???? Amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28-Sep-2017, 19:15)samsoum Wrote: My combo is stunning now, finetuned though thru isotek sequel p.conditionner and acoustics is the next step!
My system is sounding great, last night I had a late-night listening sess and it was the best ever.
So this morning I am wondering if I need something like this conditioner to make day-time listening equally awesome....
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
hi david,
my last addition is actually the p.conditionner sirius plus the p.c isotek sequel,i found the sound much better specially in the base.I didn t removed it from the system yet to compare,but i felt before using it ,during the day,the sound is softer ,the base lack definition.
Now i m enjoying day and night the sound without any drop in sound.
thks
(01-Dec-2016, 11:03)Pim Wrote: Years ago I read an article on Stereophile about the upgrade bug. It sort of compared two different types of people with the same amount of money spent over a number of years;

Person #1 buys something relatively cheap, then upgrades, then upgrades again, etc. The end result is a lot more money spent than what the end system actually costs.

Person #2 buys the best he can afford at the time and, bit by bit, accumulates a great system over the years. The end result is a much more expensive system for the same amount of money.

I'm of the person #2 persuasion and hope one day I'll have that elusive system that blows my mind. It takes careful buying and time but it's a great journey and I never get bored with my system. Having said that, if I had more money I would probably be a person #1.

I'm the same with my house and with my wife. It took me 9 years of knowing my wife before we got married and the I haven't finished the renovation I've been working on for the last ten years yet. But we're getting closer so I'm sure we'll get there and in the end, I'm sure we'll be very happy with the lot.

Good point.

I would like to be exclusively Person #2 though I have also thought I have got to #2 and then added things from #1 "just to see how it might be". Almost always unwisely.

The simplicity of Samsoum's gear, at least pictorially, also reinforces my view that owning a few things that are "the best you can afford" (#2) gives you something that is minimal and visually not distracting.

I guess that, in the UK, you get both #1 and #2 types and those who like minimalism and those who like the opposite. Though, in the USA, at least as evidenced by users on WhatsBestForum, people seem to delight in having a full wall of equipment between large speakers and double subwoofers. And listing the 50 or more components that make up their music system.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
I've been the happy owner of an Expert 120 combined with the Atom GT1 for over 2 years, and do definitely enjoy this combo. I do still LOVE the sleek design of the amp as well as of the speakers, and yes, the sounds does still occasionally blows me away. Whether it is when playing some LP records (Clearaudio Concept Wood), especially jazz ones or those with strong vocal presence... Considering that it's only a 120 with no dedicated card to handle the analog input from the LP player, I'm probably even more impressed!

I used to have a much larger (and "visually intrusive") set up when we were living in Paris (Denon AVR 3802 + JBL columns and speakers) combined with a video projector, which did great despite a very challenging living room configuration.
The move to the 120 occurred after we moved to a much smaller place in NYC, and proved to be just spot on. 

My experience with Devialet hasn't been flawless, I've been pissed off at the WiFi interference to the point where I had to disable it, struggled to find proper documentation for some configuration changes, etc. But overall, as a Frenchman living in NYC, I would just see it as a very French experience...   Rolleyes

by the way, I just found out that the latest firmware (10.xx ?) allowed getting WiFi auto-shutoff when LPs are played... I guess it's time for me to look back at the Air think (and get pissed off again Cool )

Cheers mates, and thanks to all contributors to this very informative chat!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
Hi, and welcome!
Yes, they are lovely looking aren’t they? I used to have a massive integrated, and never thought I’d get better sound from a skinny little sliver of a thing that I can hang on the wall . Something that I still marvel at. I see a couple of brands following the form factor, but not to the same standard, i.e. lovely dark chrome (or matt black, white) pizza boxes!
I guess we’ve all been pissed off with Devialet at times, but leaving all that aside, I’m still blown away with the emotional impact that the sound has on me at times. Good on ya Devialet.
Happy listening, Arno!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Apr-2018, 15:51)Axel Wrote: Hi, and welcome!
Yes, they are lovely looking aren’t they? I used to have a massive integrated, and never thought I’d get better sound from a skinny little sliver of a thing that I can hang on the wall . Something that I still marvel at.  I see a couple of brands following the form factor, but not to the same standard, i.e. lovely dark chrome (or matt black, white) pizza boxes!
I guess we’ve all been pissed off with Devialet at times, but leaving all that aside, I’m still blown away with the emotional impact that the sound has on me at times.  Good on ya Devialet.
Happy listening, Arno!

Thanks!

I also ended up connecting the Devialet to an Apple TV, both as an alternative to the not-so-great streaming capabilities of the amp as well as a sound feed when watching Netflix or movies. The result is often just spectacular, while I miss the right English words to describe what I mean by that. Long story short, what we get out of this mighty little amp and bookshelf speakers is simply remarkable...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
(01-Apr-2018, 15:23)ArnoNYC Wrote: I've been the happy owner of an Expert 120 combined with the Atom GT1 for over 2 years, and do definitely enjoy this combo.
Salut ArnoNYC, Bienvenue aux États-Unis !  J'ai acheté le Devialet 180 (maintenant le 200 grace à la mise à jour) quand j'ai vécu et travaillé en France (chez Michelin) entre 2011 et 2015.  De plus, j'ai les enceintenes Atohm GT1.  J'aime bien le système!  C'est mon péché mignon !  Okay, enough of my French rambling.  I agree with your comments about the lovely symmetry between the Devialet Expert series and the Atohm GT1s.  As speaker active matching or SAM was first employed on the Devialet version of the Atohm's, I think it's probably one of the most beneficial.  I still enjoy the combo, especially now that Roon has optimized the streaming experience.  I may soon move from a condo in Charleston, S.C. to a larger home in Santa Fe, N.M.  As such, I would have a larger listening room and may take the plunge to the new Magico A3 speakers Big Grin .  But until then, all is sweet with my set-up!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.