Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
I have been thrilled with my Vivid Audio Giya G1's and twin devialet d premiers .. but it is time to upgrade.
vivid have a new flagship Giya , the G1 spirit which I get next Friday
vivid are allowing me to run both sets in my room for a month .. if I like the spirits I keep them and they trade my G1's in , or they take the spirits back..
Once I have decided which way to go , I'm going to upgrade my Dprems to 2x 250pros for a 1000pro type system
Im on a quest..my next eargasm has to be better than my last.. decided to splurge..

I can assure you that the issues you are having with the sabrinas will be setup and room issues
If you want to get the best out of them , you need a multipronged approach

No 1 .. speaker and chair positioning .. chair way more important .. you need to sit in an area that isnt a bass node or suckout .. room dictates more to where they are than speaker placement ... hence chair positioning priority
Lost more to tweak there , tilt , toe in , distances etc....

no2 .. room treatment .. best bang for the buck.. corner bass traps and some first reflection absorption/diffusion are bare minimum.. but fixing the room is VITAL

No 3 run a DSP room correction package like DIRAC .. best if you have done no 1 and 2 .. but works quite well all on its own
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Vivid audio giya! Waouw! These are according to my dealer a beasts! Never heard them but red a lot about them.
Really appreciate your advises, and yes, i m really really enjoying them. First week , i had some bass blooming and image problem, after some placement adjustment, blooming gone , imaging good, soundstage huge.
I feel that bass can be defined better, can be tighter and more clear.
Placement of speakers : optimized , and in experimental phase now.
Listening position is goog as well: less than 1,2 * distance to speakers.
Room acoustics: i m sure bass traps, diffusers and absorbers will do wonder, the only limiting factor is the wife, and even myself, i like the design of my living room today .
I m studying the idea of asc tube traps on the corners,i like them, and they appear discrete and modern and very effective.
Regarding dirac, i need to read about it and see what good effects i can get.
A few other options fly in my mind also, like upgrading the power cord: i have the entry level from burmester, i think a good 500$ one can improve my dev200.
Sms200 with upgrade psu can un digitilise the sound more , for a natural , unfatiguing sound ... Etc etc
Anyway, i m very happy , enjoying my system and very enthousiast for the next tweaks and upgrades!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(15-Apr-2017, 14:15)samsoum Wrote: A few other options fly in my mind also, like upgrading the power cord: i have the entry level from burmester, i think a good 500$ one can improve my dev200.
Sms200 with upgrade psu can un digitilise the sound more , for a natural , unfatiguing sound ... Etc etc
Anyway, i m very happy , enjoying my system and very enthousiast for the next tweaks and upgrades!

In my opinion, HQPlayer will give a much more natural un-fatiguing sound with the right filter and will cost must less than a power cord.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(15-Apr-2017, 15:30)Dr Tone Wrote:
(15-Apr-2017, 14:15)samsoum Wrote: A few other options fly in my mind also, like upgrading the power cord: i have the entry level from burmester, i think a good 500$ one can improve my dev200.

In my opinion, HQPlayer will give a much more natural un-fatiguing sound with the right filter and will cost must less than a power cord.

Hi jeff,
I think i m gonna take the plunge for hqplayer, since it is usable with roon and sms200.i was just checking sms200 , and was very tempted
By an offer of 510$ including on year roon subscription( mine ends on mai); but it is unavailable!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(13-Apr-2017, 09:18)samsoum Wrote: Very nice damon! I think also cables make Nice improvement ! I will never invest more than 1000 $ though on any cable wherever it is! May be on power conditionner, there are so f..... Expensive!

Thanks. Except for speaker cables, all of my recent cable purchases were well under $200.00 CDN each. And I went that way only because I could easily hear a difference. My wife could as well- esp the coax from the Sonos Connect- and if she can hear it, it must be there because she has no interest in this stuff.

I add this only because the recent cable changes, including the Analysis Plus Oval 9 (or Oval 8?) all made the sort of changes that, without a doubt, helped me get to the 'thrilled with my system' phase. And ideally, that will be the same as the 'I'm stopping here' point. Please, I'm stopping here..... stop, no more... argh. And the first person who says, 'another D220 and go dual mono' has to buy a round for the entire forum.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hi,
I recently upgraded to audioquest redwood speaker cables. The improvement is tremendous.
It is truly like I am at a live performance. Resolution, quiet, full timber spectrum.

I auditioned them against nordost valhalla2, the valhallas were great but redwoods were completely effortless.
[size=x-small]D1000pro, Sonus Faber Amati anniversary, siltech ls88 cables, direct tv, Apple TV, Xbox, Sony projector.

Second system.. d440pro, Sonus Faber Cremona speakers, Mitchell gyro se turntable with cadenza blue, direct tv, Apple TV , sunfire subwoofer, Sony tv.

Third system... d-premier, Opera sp2 speakers , direct tv, Apple TV , Xbox, Sony tv.
Hi,
Samsca# great to hear that! You re lucky with pro1000, i m with dev200 and it Is outstanding ! Can t imagine even how good a 1000 can be!! My speaker cables are the satori from acoustic zen, very happy with them, my dealer is suggesting the vertere i auditioned them with during my listenning session with sabrina!
Rodney gold#i followed your advice n3 after finetuning advice n 1( acoustic treatment will take place on july :?advice n2)
DIRAC is kind of magic!
I was really happy to know that i didn t need to buy any microphone for testing and my macbookpro was enough at least for the begining.
After installing, and roughly taking the recording of the 9 positions with kids around ,and testing and comparing .... This is just umbelievable! I dont have any clue how this works but works!
I compared on the row, AIR 3.0.4, hq player and dirac all with ROON. DIRAC IS MUCH MUCH better than the 3: voices are more in the room, bass more defined and tighter, highs are precise , more air ,stunning really!
I can t imagine with some acoustic treatments......

https://youtu.be/n3L4zY5ewcY

(10-Jun-2017, 04:25)no32 Wrote: I had water damage in my music room, it took me 3 months to repair and another week to setup the system.
Its known Im looking to replace my 800 and not because it's not good , the opposite it's wonderful , I just don't like devialet as a company anymore. I don't know what to replace it with . Anyway my system sound AMAZING, even better than before. My room is very large , ceiling declines towards 2/3 of the room, behind the sitting area, and reclines back.
Im so blown away with the 800 just forgot how much I enjoy listening to music with it.

It seems a shame to sell your 800, if you like it so much.  I think many of us share your frustration with Devialet as a company but have developed the art of ignoring them as far as possible, and just enjoying their products.  After all, you don't really need to interact with them if you don't want to.  There is nothing to lose if you can take that approach, is there?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Hi guys,
Seriously, my system rocks and sings like i want now.
Why now? Because i added a power conditionner , the isotek evo 3 sirius + ps isotek sequel and these gave more sweetness to mids and more focus on bass.
Really happy for this upgrade and i was wondering what a 1000pro can add to this system?
Seriously , the dev200 is damm good!!
By the way i ve tried the dev400( addind companion to my system) and eventhough there was some improvement in sound quality specialy bass, i couldn convince myself spending the extra money for it.
By the way using roon air and upsampling to dsd64 thru air ethernet.
Just saying, thks