Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Converting DSD in DoP format to PCM to play on Devialet 200
Apologies if this has been covered before (I couldn’t find it) but does anyone have a method of converting DSD in DoP format files into plain vanilla PCM (on the fly) to enable them to be played on a Devialet? I’m looking for a stop-gap solution prior to the implementation of DSD on a Devialet.

I am using JRiver on a MAC via the Ethernet input on a Devialet 200 (MAC and Devialet too far apart to allow use of USB and all music stored on a QNAP NAS).

I am aware that the Devialet cannot yet play DSD natively and that JRiver will convert native DSD to (downsampled) PCM by default, but does anyone know how to convert DSD in DoP format to PCM so that it can at least be played via a Devialet?

Is there an alternative to JRiver that will convert DSD in DoP format into PCM on the fly?

Is there a DAC out there that will accept DSD in DoP format as an input but produce a PCM digital output?

Any help much appreciated.
Audirvana+ will convert native DSD files (not sure about DoP but worth checking) to PCM. There's a free trial period so you can try it first.

Might be worth taking a look at the Sonore DSD2PCM
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Do check out Pure Audio, it does the on the fly conversion, but I still haven' tried it with the Dev. Should work all right, though... It did with an iFi iDac.
According to this post you can use a Squeezebox Touch/LMS to play DoP files

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=119364.0

And according to the data in this spreadsheet which is a little out of date, several Weiss models including the INT 204 can accept DoP input and output PCM.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...fVUE#gid=0

The TEAC UD-501 DAC can also accept DoP files and output PCM
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Thanks for all the tips. I will check out Audirvana+ and Pure Music over the weekend when I have more time, and report back.

The Weiss Int204 solution is very neat but at $1800 is probably too expensive for a short term fix, and although the SBT will read DoP files it still appears to need a DSD capable DAC to play them (it is a very long thread, so forgive me if I have missed a crucial point).

I wonder how Devialet are getting on with the DSD firmware update? I do hope it will enable all DSD formats (including DoP) to be played.
(22-Oct-2014, 13:44)Altus Wrote: I wonder how Devialet are getting on with the DSD firmware update? I do hope it will enable all DSD formats (including DoP) to be played.

I'm pretty sure (and pls don't quote me on this!) that Devialet will implement DoP. I expect it will come next year, possibly in time for Munich. Along with all the other goodies we are being promised! Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK