Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room treatment
(22-Oct-2014, 19:40)Mikeeo Wrote: Antoine, Kunter et al

Thanks for the exhaustive comments. Antoine you hit my nail on the spot in the last section. As for us we have a very reflective ceiling in our listening-/relaxing-/kicking back with friends-room as conversation etc is a bit tough when the room fills. I am looking at installing a mix between absorbtion and diffusion all over the ceiling for starters. I will consult an expert as well.

/Mike

Great Mike, good luck on this adventure with, if all goes well, great benefits!

I think it's very wise to consult an expert that can make you a design. Choosing the right solutions and the right amounts of both diffusion and absorption is the hard part and requires modeling/simulation software and a lot of knowledge plus experience. Like I wrote I'd value (and chose myself) a independant expert, not an acoustics expert working for a company that also makes the treatment products, but of course those people can't be found everywhere. If you can't I'd at least look for a company that can supply a broad assortment of products/brands.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands