Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital out. Is it variable?
If volume control is done in the source that specific use case could make sense. I've never seen anyone do it that way but that's another thing! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hey, it is Devialet. Never know... I'll keep you updated when I get the answer from Devialet.

When thinking that this digi out controls also companion, then I think it should be natural that it is variable output. Maybe.
I think what's going over the link to the companion is the fully DSP'ed signal so volume adjusted, SAM, crossover etc. applied.

Of course I could be terribly wrong about it all. I hope Devialet will clear things up soon and am curious to know the outcome. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(12-Dec-2016, 18:36)Antoine Wrote: Looks like they're talking about the analog pre-out...wouldn't be the first (or last) time they're talking rubbish.

You were right... I sent now third email with screen shots to make the question 100% clear...
And got the 3rd answer.

"This digital output that you attached can't be made in fixed, it is variable only. Only if you put in in stereo (pre amplified output stereo) can be made as fixed."

So this is exactly what I needed Smile.
Third time is the charm! Wink

Cool, I would have expected it to be a fixed output like Vivialet also mentioned. This way (variable) it's certainly more useful as a digital pre-out into an external DAC/digital amp.

The Netherlands
(13-Dec-2016, 16:43)Waiski Wrote: And got the 3rd answer.

"This digital output that you attached can't be made in fixed, it is variable only. Only if you put in in stereo (pre amplified output stereo) can be made as fixed."

So this is exactly what I needed Smile.

Hmmm.
Support is wrong. 
I attached my mobile headphone DAC to digital output (as a exercise to compare D200's stereo analog output with the DAC) over holidays and it is fixed. Definitely. Fixed.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
I noticed the same... Need to contact Devialet again. Maybe they can make it variable, hopefully.
Got confirmation from Devialet. It is fixed and can't change variable. Case closed.