Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded 250Pro registering as D-Premier
Hi all

Today received my upgraded 250Pro, but when I go on the Devialet support area to register it still shows as a D-Premier (attached screenshot).

Why would this be????

Also noted that I received a bog standard power cable, and not the new Audioquest NRG power Cord

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Curious! I note the serial number in the picture ends '61' rather than 'G1'? My 1000 Pro serial number also ends in G1 by the way. Anyway, I think you can double check if it is a Pro or not, try a long press on the right hand remote button, the display should indicate 'HW 6.0.0'.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Confused

When I try and register it as the correct Serial Number - 01273G1 it says invalid serial number

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
By the way, if this is what a brand new 250Pro sounds like after only running for 1 hour, then I'm in for a hell of treat when it's fully burnt in Wink , and then when I get my other D-P upgraded to a 250Pro (already started the process, just waiting for the shipping boxes) and I then have a 1000Pro set-up  Big Grin

Listened to a wee bit of Robert Hohner Percussion Ensemble - Take Five, and Cassandra Wilson - Red Guitar, both stunning  Angel

Australia (Perth)
Hello Celts88

Regarding the cable you received, I am in the same situation as you (I received a basic cable and not the Audioquest). I have been in contact with Devialet about it since I received my 250 Pro. It looks like Devialet has not Audioquest cables for all type of plugs/countries. I hope they will send me one once they get it.

Regards
philoouu
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(09-Dec-2016, 15:53)philoouu Wrote: Hello Celts88

Regarding the cable you received, I am in the same situation as you (I received a basic cable and not the Audioquest). I have been in contact with Devialet about it since I received my 250 Pro. It looks like Devialet has not Audioquest cables for all type of plugs/countries. I hope they will send me one once they get it.

Regards
philoouu

philoouu

Did Devialet reply to your query about the basic cable and not getting the Audioquest?

I guess they don't have any for the Australian market, and expect them to use that as an excuse to provide a basic cable. No worries, if at a later date they then provide the Audioquest Cable (not holding my breath, will turn very Blue and can't have that being a Celtic Supporter Tongue  ).

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
(09-Dec-2016, 16:03)Celts88 Wrote:

Regards
philoouu

philoouu

Did Devialet reply to your query about the basic cable and not getting the Audioquest?

I guess they don't have any for the Australian market, and expect them to use that as an excuse to provide a basic cable. No worries, if at a later date they then provide the Audioquest Cable (not holding my breath, will turn very Blue and can't have that being a Celtic Supporter Tongue  ).

Cheers
John

Be aware that Devialet never mentioned to upgrade the power cable or remote in their advertising about the upgrade so you might as well regard them as bonuses IF you get them.

As for the registration. I'm sure my Od'A registered as an 800 or maybe two 250's. I'm not sure which but definitely not as Od'A.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Dec-2016, 00:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(09-Dec-2016, 16:03)Celts88 Wrote:

Regards
philoouu

philoouu

Cheers
John

Be aware that Devialet never mentioned to upgrade the power cable or remote in their advertising about the upgrade so you might as well regard them as bonuses IF you get them.

As for the registration. I'm sure my Od'A registered as an 800 or maybe two 250's. I'm not sure which but definitely not as Od'A.

Pim

I knew that about the Power Cable not being mentioned on their website, but is a bit of a bummer for those who don't receive the Audioquest cable (detracts from their stellar 1st class customer service pr ratings Tongue  ).

Regarding registering my 250Pro, it's more the fact that it won't actually accept my serial number, and says the S/N is "invalid", with the only way to get it to register is to change the G to a 6.

Australia (Perth)
I've actually bought a power strip for my SCHUKO-plugged Audioquest power cords that came with my Od'A (I bought mine from Gentleman in Germany)
I'll be testing the difference between the Audioquest and the kettle variety next Friday with a mate of mine. I'll let you know if it's worth worrying about.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim

I've got some PSC Power Cord's, but wanted to see if the Audioquest PC's improved over them or not.

Which power strip did you buy, I've got some Consonance PW-1 & PW-3 boards

Australia (Perth)