Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
I think the whole system sounds (slightly) cleaner, although the more I listen, there are improvements

I have copies of the SD cards for both iterations (RCA-RCA and RCA-AES) so with not much trouble, its quick to change

I noticed a micro-switch on the AES socket which connects or disconnects some part of a circuit when an XLR plug is inserted
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
(23-Mar-2024, 13:45)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Did you also separate the grounds from the power cables/supply? Otherwise, the connection between grounds still exists,.right?
If so, how exactly did you do it?

If referring to the option of: RCA->AES with ground lifted: Both Devialets are grounded through the power plug, as per normal (it's dangerous and unadvisable to lift the ground of the power to the Devialets). What we want to avoid is having any cable that connects the ground between Master and Companion.

On a related note, the trigger cable would also connect the ground between the amps, so I do not use it either.

If referring to the option of the ifi SPDIF Purifier2, if trying it I would use a floating power supply, or one that is grounded to the closest power socket of the Companion amp.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
There is a common ground throughout the device. Easily measured with a meter
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds