Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
The AudioQuest Wild cable is twice or more the price of a Diamond. Think it is the most expensive Digital cable AudioQuest products except for one (which is called Well). Never dared to try one in my system.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
True. And some trivia; the WEL Signature is an acronym of William E. Low, Audioquests president and founder. It costs (digital interlink, 1 meter version, in euro) 4119, the Wild is 2469, Diamond is 985, Coffee is 479 and the Carbon costs 185.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(16-Dec-2016, 03:22)agentsmith Wrote: By the way, do we know what is being passed thru the SPDIF Link cable and the RS232 cable?  I understand that decoding and amplification is done individually when in dual mono mode?

I'm a bit confused why both cables are required for a mono set-up. With my D-Premiers I only had an RCA/AES cable linking both and it worked fine.

Is it that the 3.5mm link cable allows the Companion to also use it's inputs (didn't have this choice with the D-P's)?

If using the 3.5mm link cable between the 2 units then how do you set-up a Sub for trigger out (what I have at the moment with my 250Pro, and previously with my D-P's)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(16-Dec-2016, 12:54)Celts88 Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 03:22)agentsmith Wrote: By the way, do we know what is being passed thru the SPDIF Link cable and the RS232 cable?  I understand that decoding and amplification is done individually when in dual mono mode?

I'm a bit confused why both cables are required for a mono set-up. With my D-Premiers I only had an RCA/AES cable linking both and it worked fine.

Is it that the 3.5mm link cable allows the Companion to also use it's inputs (didn't have this choice with the D-P's)?

If using the 3.5mm link cable between the 2 units then how do you set-up a Sub for trigger out (what I have at the moment with my 250Pro, and previously with my D-P's)
Yes, that's correct. The only trouble is, that if you use the 3.5mm link, you can only connect the amps RCA-RCA.  IMHO, the amps sound better linked RCA-AES/EBU.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(16-Dec-2016, 14:08)Axel Wrote: Yes, that's correct. The only trouble is, that if you use the 3.5mm link, you can only connect the amps RCA-RCA.  IMHO, the amps sound better linked RCA-AES/EBU.

That what I used between my D-Premiers, RCA to AES Cable. So if I don't need the extra inputs on the Companion I can still hook-up that way
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(16-Dec-2016, 11:15)kerkhoffd Wrote: The AudioQuest Wild cable is twice or more the price of a Diamond. Think it is the most expensive Digital cable AudioQuest products except for one (which is called Well). Never dared to try one in my system.

That is Wild!  I lost track of the Audioquest USB cable hierarchy.  I thought the Diamond was the top of the line Audioquest at least for a while.

Anyway, the price for these USB cables is getting out of hand even by high end standard.  For that kind money I would get a proper network player with AES or even SPDIF output.

I still remember when in the beginning there was Gordon Rankin of Wavelength and Ayre QB9 designer advocating async USB as the panacea of the sin of digital audio.  Then come the popularity of USB audio and every manufacturer is out to rescue is from the terrible noise of digital audio.

Makes you wonder sometimes.
Nobody was discussing USB here... Smile

The Diamond is still the TOTL cable for different product lines like USB, ethernet and HDMI cables. Wild and WEL are available in the digital Coax and AES/EBU categories for example.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Would there be a difference in left / right if you used a different master - slave cable?
Like in directionality of the cable you mean?
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(17-Dec-2016, 00:27)kerkhoffd Wrote: Like in directionality of the cable you mean?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Xander means a difference comparing left and right channels when you use different cables to connect by RCA-AES/EBU. I've always wondered this myself.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England