Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
D200 Mod 2.0.1
I decided on the safety first route.

Devialet advised me to take it to my local dealer for appraisal, which i have done.

They were a little nonplussed saying they have never had a unit just die like that and that usually after a period left off it would fire up again.
Sometimes the capacitors take a while to completely drain and then it would power up. No such luck here.
They also tell me that it is more than likely that it will have to go back to Devialet and i will be without out it for 3 weeks or so.

Rotten timing since i have some time off and wanted to enjoy listening to some music.

Thanks to all for responding.
(27-Dec-2016, 01:10)Saunter Wrote: I decided on the safety first route.

Devialet advised me to take it to my local dealer for appraisal, which i have done.

They were a little nonplussed saying they have never had a unit just die like that and that usually after a period left off it would fire up again.
Sometimes the capacitors take a while to completely drain and then it would power up. No such luck here.
They also tell me that it is more than likely that it will have to go back to Devialet and i will be without out it for 3 weeks or so.

Rotten timing since i have some time off and wanted to enjoy listening to some music.

Thanks to all for responding.
Sounds like you did not check the fuses. This is the first thing I'd have done!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
I am very impressed by the risermod . I am a french user of the D : excuse me in advance for my bad english language.
I have in first started to mod my D220 Pro by removing the Wifi card on the Core infinity Board , the Trigger/Optical plate and finally
disconnect the cable of the screen : big improvement is still there.
I want to try your mod without cutting the XLR : the idea is to remove the riserboard .
Have someone already do that ? I don't know if it's possible without removing the Core Infinity board : I am afraid there are some screws under the board
to fix the motherboard to the aluminium frame .
If you have some pics of the mod , I will be very please to see them.
As I don’t want to cut the riserboard and I also can’t find the way
to remove the motherboard , I decide to move back the HP terminal and
weld like this .
[Image: 1k12.jpeg]
I have just finished the mod .
I will turn on the D one week to listen the benefit.
Already , it seem more tranparancy with cords instruments ,
better stage ( larger ).
[Image: mgig.jpeg]
Hey  Sébastien,

sorry to answer this late but usually I don't post on this board anymore.

So...hey you did it. Congrats. How does it sound?
I see you already pulled out some parts from inside your D220. Congrats to that.

Have you also shut off some sound critical software settings?
Have a look at everything that "counts" (timers) in the backgroud as: auto timer for power off...etc.
Switch off every input you don't use, switch off SAM even if you thought it would improve the sound of your speaker, believe me It Doesn't - The mod will let you hear that.

Also think of replacing the IEC for the powercord. Get a new (Copper, Silver, Rhodium what sound you like, I prefer silver) and try to solder wires from it onto the motherboard. That'll give you even more thrust and control to the music.

Regards,
gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(17-Nov-2023, 15:48)yabaVR Wrote: Hey  Sébastien,

sorry to answer this late but usually I don't post on this board anymore.

So...hey you did it. Congrats. How does it sound?
I see you already pulled out some parts from inside your D220. Congrats to that.

Have you also shut off some sound critical software settings?
Have a look at everything that "counts" (timers) in the backgroud as: auto timer for power off...etc.
Switch off every input you don't use, switch off SAM even if you thought it would improve the sound of your speaker, believe me It Doesn't - The mod will let you here that.

Also think of replacing the IEC for the powercord. Get a new (Copper, Silver, Rhodium what sound you like, I prefer silver) and try to solder wires from it onto the motherboard. That'll give you even more thrust and control to the music.

Regards,
gui
Hello Yaba ,
Enjoy to read you ! The mod is great : better transparency , soundstage is more wide . I have already disabled SAM , Balance , Mute , timed power off , ...
I use to SD card : one for my Rega P10 and the other for the ERED-DOCK streamer. Each one have just one input activated .
Have you already remove the motherboard from the frame ? I don't be able to remove the Core Infinity ...
I am interested to replace the capacitors by better one
Wow it's amazing to see what you are doing with this framework - and exciting to see what it's capable of. I thought so too that a better IEC for the power cord would have been just a few Euros for Devialet to spend and would provide an overal better performance due to better power flow.
I think that disabling IDLE & SLEEP has no influence on the sound quality. In reality, when you disable IDLE & SLEEP in the configurator, this option is not found in the configuration file: in the file there is no ON/OFF. In fact, the file only sets a very high value for the stand-by times. So, the time counter is working in both situations...

POWER SAVING on (5 minutes and 30 minutes):
  "POWER_OFF_CONFIG":{
    "DYNAMIC_POWER":"OFF",
    "IDLE_TIMEOUT":300,
    "SLEEP_TIMEOUT":1800

POWER SAVING off:
  "POWER_OFF_CONFIG":{
    "DYNAMIC_POWER":"OFF",
    "IDLE_TIMEOUT":31536000,
    "SLEEP_TIMEOUT":31536000
(20-Nov-2023, 15:28)markush Wrote: ... I thought so too that a better IEC for the power cord would have been just a few Euros for Devialet to spend and would provide an overal better performance due to better power flow.

What exactly do you mean by "better power flow"? How would changing the IEC connector have such an effect?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK