Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom - Stand attachment point
Hi all,

I've been lurking around for awhile doing some research and finally pulled the trigger on a gold phantom.  I should have it this Wed and I am now looking at stands.  I originally was going to buy a tree but they appear to be sold out/unavailable everywhere at the moment.  

After doing some research, I think I am going to go the DIY route and get an oak beam (maybe 12x12x26 inches), stain it, and call it a day.  Ive seen some nice looking setups with this type of stand. Im guessing that will be stable, solid enough not to vibrate (maybe some rubber feet on the bottom) and shouldn't interfere with the sound?  Im not aiming for a perfect acoustic environment or anything like that, just something solid that won't be too terrible.

My question is this.  I am not too keen to simply balance the phantom on the top of this thing; ideally I'd like to somehow secure it. Ive been all over the internet and back again and can't seem to find a single picture of the underside of the phantom.  I hear people that did the DIY route talking about fabricating up a bracket of some sort... where I am going with this rambling post... does anyone have a picture of the underside of the phantom?

Thanks.  Looking forward to finally getting the phantom going.  I see airplay may be coming native to the gold this week via firmware update; I hope that rumor pans out. Otherwise I have an airport express ready to go but the less boxes and cables the better!  Plan to sample Apple Music and Tidal head to head over airplay to see if I can tell enough difference to switch to Tidal.
(11-Dec-2016, 22:40)duncanapple Wrote: Hi all,

I've been lurking around for awhile doing some research and finally pulled the trigger on a gold phantom.  I should have it this Wed and I am now looking at stands.  I originally was going to buy a tree but they appear to be sold out/unavailable everywhere at the moment.  

After doing some research, I think I am going to go the DIY route and get an oak beam (maybe 12x12x26 inches), stain it, and call it a day.  Ive seen some nice looking setups with this type of stand. Im guessing that will be stable, solid enough not to vibrate (maybe some rubber feet on the bottom) and shouldn't interfere with the sound?  Im not aiming for a perfect acoustic environment or anything like that, just something solid that won't be too terrible.

My question is this.  I am not too keen to simply balance the phantom on the top of this thing; ideally I'd like to somehow secure it. Ive been all over the internet and back again and can't seem to find a single picture of the underside of the phantom.  I hear people that did the DIY route talking about fabricating up a bracket of some sort... where I am going with this rambling post... does anyone have a picture of the underside of the phantom?

Thanks.  Looking forward to finally getting the phantom going.  I see airplay may be coming native to the gold this week via firmware update; I hope that rumor pans out. Otherwise I have an airport express ready to go but the less boxes and cables the better!  Plan to sample Apple Music and Tidal head to head over airplay to see if I can tell enough difference to switch to Tidal.

Hi, and welcome to Devialet Chat!
I'm not a Phantom owner, but I remember reading similar posts to yours fairly recently. Here's a good place to start, especially as you are going DIY on the stand: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3692
Good luck, and please don't forget to post some photos of your handywork! Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Dec-2016, 22:40)duncanapple Wrote: Hi all,

Hi

I made the stands in my factory,  cut them out of solid aluminium !!!!!  I did a groove at the bottom and fit a rubber tube at the bottom !!!  I will try to send a pic to you

Ashish
If you are UK based, Devialet at Westfield shopping centre told me they expect stocks of the Tree on Wednesday this week.
They are available on https://store.devialet.com
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
received a call from Devialet Westfield today to say that they have stocks of the Tree. I asked about delivery and they said I would need to pay by bank transfer. I told them that I never pay for goods over £100 unless it is on a credit card. But we are Devialet they replied. I almost said have you heard of Comet? Needless to say I didn't purchase. Given I bought my Phantoms directly from France on a credit card I find this a bit bemusing.
(12-Dec-2016, 12:21)Teliaved Wrote: They are available on https://store.devialet.com

Perhaps they sold out again?  Not available.
(12-Dec-2016, 22:43)Rodrat2 Wrote: received a call from Devialet Westfield today to say that they have  stocks of the Tree. I asked about delivery and they said I would need to pay by bank transfer. I told them that I never pay for goods over £100 unless it is on a credit card. But we are Devialet they replied. I almost said have you heard of Comet? Needless to say I didn't purchase. Given I bought my Phantoms directly from France on a credit card I find this a bit bemusing.

As long as you pay at least some part of a purchase of over £100 by credit card you will be fully covered by the card.

So, if Devialet will accept (say) £1.00 by card and the rest by bank transfer you will have exactly the same protection as if you had paid the full amount by card.

Strange but true.
I am not sure that is correct.
Google it. It is. 100%.