Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions?
Raidho X1 will be in my system on Monday as dealer will swing by with them. Already SAM:ed my SD cards.

Will let you know my impressions...

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Hi,

Raidho X1 had a visit to my system today for 3 hours. Despite not sitting on their own stands (instead on my PL100 stands) these little gems played like nothing before in my system. My dealer brought them cold from his car so it took some 2 1/2 hours before the full light came in to our listening room. Initially compared to my Monitor Audio PL100 it was quite better but had a 'stiff' character. But what a transformation after being played some time. Best music transducers ever at home and one of the better I ever heard. The bass is deep and tight (in my 30 m2 room) and I would never ask for a sub as it does not need it. The bass is deep but perhaps not chest hitting but I do not care as this adds so much to the sound picture that I would like to live without it. Classical pieces comes out in their full, dance and house pumps fat and tight, jazz bass sounds organic and super tightly plucked and I could go on. The best with the X1 is its midrange, electrostatic in its reproduction and so organic you could sense the moist breath of the performer. Another great thing was that the singers take a half step out in the room making everything so live and real. Instruments have all the subtile body and material character. Sound stage goes wide and not so much backwards instead it comes over and behind you, amazing. For the first time there is no uncontrolled sibilance, and the top is perhaps a bit dark but still delivers full detail and air it is for sure not pointy rather a smidgen laidback to the rest but that is just great. For me they are great fit to the Devialet sound. Biggest surprise of the day was to hear my vinyl set-up sounding divine and a bit better than my digital end.
Dynamics are not an issue as everything flows perfect and starts/stops before you can think it. These are as a perfect point source i ever heard with real bass added to that. SAM brings deeper bass and clarity in the rest of the spectrum with a slight better timing, but not as big as I experienced with the Accordos.
The front port help a lot I think specially as I can't have them 2-3 meters out from the backwall (now they are about 55 cm).
The finish is excellent but be aware for connection, only bananas no forks or other.

I rate these little buggers better than Sophia 3 and Amati Futura and most others I've lend my ears to. If memory serves me right perhaps the D1 (with other electronics etc) sounded a bit more resolved/tight in the mids but the X1 has tighter bass for sure and with SAM no more is needed for me. Just wonder at what dB point Devialet measured the 24 Hz, -6 dB or? I wouldn't like more or deeper in my room.

Conclusion: One of the most lifelike loudspeakers I ever heard, with super monitor qualities, bass like nothing else from a small can like this.

My dealer is getting these instead of the D1's.
The can go pretty loud too however if pressed the may pop ever so slightly but not in a bad sounding matter.
They need a lot of power and I would guess a D200 is the lowest they need but with my D400 you need to crank a bit and as the X1 are about 6 ohm the 400 W per channel is very welcome.

Anyway the still have powerful bass even when playing low and unusually this is the feature that doesn't drop as much as the rest of the spectrum which is usually the opposite. It does low level listning very well but the have a limit where they definitely leaves the speakers for good, scary good if not more correct outstanding.

SAM makes them a top contender but even without SAM these are master good speakers.

Remember this I had without the original stands! So there should be some small gains to be had with them.

Did I buy a pair: YES! Ordered and will come in January in perfect time when we are back from our 2 week Xmas and NYear holiday.

The price performance ration is outstanding at least in my system, the search is over for this time and real meaty, juicy and live people are singing and playing in front and around me.

Have a listen your selfs. I was prepared to pay up to 6 times more for a pair of speakers....

/Mike

Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Excellent! Thanks for the write-up, and good to hear you've found what you were hunting for. And they look very neat, too.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Just a few added words on my write-up above.

These speakers have a defined sweet spot BUT they also sounds fantastic on the side or even in another room but then in the sweet spot you're in the middle of the performance, for real.
These little one do all the Hi End I would like but still being a fantastic music reproducer without some of the nasty top end or over bloated bass that some Hi End competition have.

/Mike

Hi,

The puppies are here! Now it is time to have them house broken...

Not bad out of the box but they need some workout before releasing their true powers!

/Mike
Great news - have fun!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(26-Jan-2015, 21:32)thumb5 Wrote: Great news - have fun!

Thanks! From beginning better in most areas than the old ones.

Wife and daughter likes the old one better, looks wise that is, me and my son prefer the new ones in both aspects....

Stands are a bit disappointing in looks and the feet construction at the bottom plate reminds me of my 1980's Technichs, not impressive but hopefully ok but here I see an upgrade coming (pretty sure Raidho will offer at 1/4 of the speaker cost Wink).

Will report back down the road/Mike
Hi Mike

I'm auditioning X1's and C1.1 tomorrow. I was wondering if you had any further thoughts/experiences/change of stands and if you had the chance of hearing the XT1's?
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
I thought the X1's were good but the C1.1 were better and the D1 even better. To be fair though the X1's were new out of the box where as the others were fully run-in. If the X1's were fully run-in the top would have been less hard but probably would not have obtained the improvements in mid bass and bass information that the others had, I suspect. All three speakers imaged well, were very open, had great attack and had a musicality about them that was very involving.

The difference in price between them is quite considerable, about £5,000 increments roughly. That's hard to justify really. What  you are getting is better x-over components and better mid/bass units. I can't imagine the actual component and manufacturing costs this would involve can actually justify the price hike. After all you could build your own high spec x-over from all Dueland components for example, for a lot less. Something I will probably end up doing anyhow.

After hearing the Raidho's I need to hear the Beonicke's once more. Goldmund are also on the list, but you don't need a Devialet or speaker cables for those.
Boenicke, Mola Mola, Hi Diamond, fidata, Lumin, AQVOX, SteinMusic, Bybee, toetapaudio
If you look for "incomparable musicality" (Diapason d'or) maybe you should try the Tannoy dc8!