Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW OWNER - 130 PRO - initial setup
Feel free to post pictures of your setup when you have a chance! Or even the neighborhood....
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

(18-Dec-2016, 03:13)baddog Wrote: Feel free to post pictures of your setup when you have a chance! Or even the neighborhood....

baddog:  Here's picture of 'hurried' setup, cable management needs help - new hardwood floors in room, no trim up yet.  Listening room is living room of A-frame home w/ 20 foot ceilings (floor dimensions 24 ft X 22 ft - have acoustic panels on angled back wall, heavy shag rug, and cloth furniture - acoustics are a little challenging w/ wood floor but got the echo 'tamed'.

For post earlier asking what volume is showing when I said volume is 'half' - at -20db - Devialet volume display's 'dot' is in 1 O'clock position - that is what seemed so odd to me.  It's all good now that I'm used to how the volume display works.

Running beta version of AIR (version 3. something) - seems to work well for me so far. 

Android Devialet remote app seems to crash somewhat often, but doesn't disrupt music at all, simply re-open app to control power, volume, source.  Best of all, can control entire system from phone - if wanting to run Sonos.  To run AIR - have to grab Macbook.

Thanks again everyone - greatly appreciate the insight/help.

Looks very nice, almost don't need that table do you? Floors looks great. Very nice size room too! What speakers are those?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks. Agreed baddog, looking to mount the devialet in coming month. Speakers are original golden ear triton twos. Not the +.
How are you getting on with the 130? I am wondering if I should go for a 130 or 220.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(16-Apr-2017, 14:34)rchinn Wrote: How are you getting on with the 130? I am wondering if I should go for a 130 or 220.

It is all still amazing.  Working well.  If u can comfortably afford the 220, I'd get it.  Never heard one, but after 3 beers, wish the 130 could run a bit louder.  Outside of that, absolutely love it.
(17-Apr-2017, 00:57)charliecoyote Wrote:
(16-Apr-2017, 14:34)rchinn Wrote: How are you getting on with the 130? I am wondering if I should go for a 130 or 220.

It is all still amazing.  Working well.  If u can comfortably afford the 220, I'd get it.  Never heard one, but after 3 beers, wish the 130 could run a bit louder.  Outside of that, absolutely love it.

Before you try to change, how high did you "dare"'cranking up your 130?
Because if you didn't go beyond -20dB, basically you never went above approximately 1W!

I have a 120 myself and most of the critical listening on classical music is done for me between -6dB and 0dB. 

So unless you are already pushing your 130 to 0dB and wish it were louder, you can make it louder without any change!
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(17-Apr-2017, 07:31)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(17-Apr-2017, 00:57)charliecoyote Wrote:

Before you try to change, how high did you "dare"'cranking up your 130?
Because if you didn't go beyond -20dB, basically you never went above approximately 1W!

I have a 120 myself and most of the critical listening on classical music is done for me between -6dB and 0dB. 

So unless you are already pushing your 130 to 0dB and wish it were louder, you can make it louder without any change!

How loud is LOUD ??

Well - I've a D400 with B&W 802D3 and when the recording is awesome ... levels are -6 dB or even had -3 dB.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
I spend most of the time on my 220 listening around -35db
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden