Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynavector 20x2 (high output or low?)
Any views on if the high or low output 20x2 is a better match for the Devialet phono stage? I've only used high output mc and mm carts in the past on my 120 so not sure how the Devialet stage fares with low output mc carts or if anyone has ever done a side by side comparison.

Thanks.
I'm using a Dynavector 17D3, a low output MC, it's working fine.
Qobuz - Rega RP8 - Devialet 220 -Penaudio Cenya
I have 20X2L and works fine. Actually with Pro it works so good that I'm gonna sell my RIAA.
I have ortofon cadenza Black low output and transformer from ortofon works Wery Well
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
I'd be inclined to go for the high output model. Some members have reported high levels of hiss with MC cartridges with outputs of less than 0.5 mV. As always, an audition is recommended.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
swdorsey

As a very crude approximation, set your config file to the parameters for the Dynavector LOMC then compare the hiss on the phono , using your speakers from your usual seat at a volume of something like -25dB, with the line at the same volume. Don't play anything, just toggle between line and phono.Any difference/ hiss you can hear on the phono should tell you if you can live with the additional noise.
Are there any reported sound quality differences between the two models? I'm guessing the low is supposed to sound better.

They would both work fine into a 200's phono stage, but the low might hiss slightly more than you would like. I've forgotten if there is a difference between the 120 and 200 phono stage.

The high output version should be silent.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution