Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xmas Upgrade Offer from Oxford Audio (Dec'16)
Anyone else in the UK received an email from Oxford Audio inviting them to a "unique" Expert Pro upgrade experience?

Sounds as if they might be offering some sort of tempting alternative/trade-in scheme involving switching an original for a brand new Pro model. (My speculation).

Only available until end of year. I've sent an email asking for more details.

(No, I'm not affiliated! Unfortunately I have to travel 1.5 hours to their shop.)
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(19-Dec-2016, 13:34)JohnnySix Wrote: Anyone else in the UK received an email from Oxford Audio inviting them to a "unique" Expert Pro upgrade experience?

Sounds as if they might be offering some sort of tempting alternative/trade-in scheme involving switching an original for a brand new Pro model. (My speculation).

Only available until end of year. I've sent an email asking for more details.

(No, I'm not affiliated! Unfortunately I have to travel 1.5 hours to their shop.)

Read the email again Mr Six....  The 'new streamer board free of charge' from Devialet offer ends 31st December.  The OAC scheme enables you to get a 'Brand New latest Pro model with new streamer board' after the Devialet offer expires.  That's how I read it anyway!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
They're worth speaking to. I was going to upgrade my 250 with the intention of going 1000 in time, the only issue was my 250 was a white D-Prem originally so the chances of finding another white one were next to zero.
True to form, Devialet were of no help whatsoever - their only suggestion being a re-chassis into a chrome box as well as the upgrade. $$$$$
I spoke to OA and there was a deal on the table so I bought a 1000 Pro from them and chopped the 250 in PX.
Without going into specifics, it was a pretty good deal and may well be a better option than dealing with D directly.
Good evening gents,

Confused is quite right, from the end of the year any Devialet-upgraded amp will not be eligible to the free OS board upgrade next year. With our own new for old upgrade scheme the board is still included. We will be continuing the scheme for as long as we can possibly manage and you can hold onto your own amplifier until we deliver the new one.

PJ, has the 1000pro started to bed in yet?

Regards

Alasdair