Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DIALOG AIRPLAY ?
And, of course, if you buy a pair of Golds for £4,380 you now get a Dialog (normally £249) for free and an Apple TV (normally £139) for free.

If you, like me, have already just bought the Golds and already have the "old" Dialog and an Apple TV you get nothing.

Seems like the tactic should be to resist any early purchase because it will be cheaper, and may be better, later ...

Reminds me of buying the Od'A for £22,900 and then the 1000 Pro comes out a few months later at the same price; but if you are an Od'A owner you have to wait a year for it to be changed to the 1000 Pro specification.

Gosh, again it seems like the tactic should be to resist any early purchase because it will be no more expensive, but more up to date, later ...
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(20-Dec-2016, 09:15)IanG-UK Wrote: And, of course, if you buy a pair of Golds for £4,380 you now get a Dialog (normally £249) for free and an Apple TV (normally £139) for free.

If you, like me, have already just bought the Golds and already have the "old" Dialog and an Apple TV you get nothing.

Seems like the tactic should be to resist any early purchase because it will be cheaper, and may be better, later ...

Reminds me of buying the Od'A for £22,900 and then the 1000 Pro comes out a few months later at the same price; but if you are an Od'A owner you have to wait a year for it to be changed to the 1000 Pro specification.

Gosh, again it seems like the tactic should be to resist any early purchase because it will be no more expensive, but more up to date, later ...

Ah, the penalties of being an "early adopter" Big Grin.

Seasons greetings to you Ian, and have a prosperous New Year - i.e no new Devialet purchases (wait until the, seemingly, inevitable  "sales" Smile).

All the best

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
#if you buy a pair of Golds for £4,380 you now get a Dialog (normally £249) for free and an Apple TV (normally £139) for free.#

The apple TV is free, but the dialog isn't.
The dialog has the airplay capability, which your gold will shortly have.

Last year they offered the remote.

It seems December is prone to promotions.

Merry Xmas!
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(20-Dec-2016, 09:15)IanG-UK Wrote: And, of course, if you buy a pair of Golds for £4,380 you now get a Dialog (normally £249) for free and an Apple TV (normally £139) for free.

Ummmm......  I was a very early buyer of the 1000 Pro.  Reading the above I'm not sure if that was a good move, or if for me too dissapoinment awaits. Huh
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Apologies: Ian is right and I am wrong: the dialog is indeed offered in this Christmas bundle. A very nice promotion. Very nice. I would buy if I could!
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium