Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ifi iusb 3.0
Thanks a lot Confused for sharing your experience.
I am very glad AIR 3 is up there regarding SQ. I prefer to keep the system as simple as possible.
There is one question left for me regarding source/server. I use a mac mini with external harddrive. The mac has a 120GB SSD, but I've all my files on the external HDD. Is there a lot to gain here in terms of server functionality?
For example: would a seperate NAS be better? If so, should I connect it directly to the Dev's ethernet port?
That would mean for Tidal I would have to use usb or wifi from the mac mini.
(24-Dec-2016, 15:45)roestano Wrote: Thanks a lot Confused for sharing your experience.
I am very glad AIR 3 is up there regarding SQ. I prefer to keep the system as simple as possible.
There is one question left for me regarding source/server. I use a mac mini with external harddrive. The mac has a 120GB SSD, but I've all my files on the external HDD. Is there a lot to gain here in terms of server functionality?
For example: would a seperate NAS be better? If so, should I connect it directly to the Dev's ethernet port?
That would mean for Tidal I would have to use usb or wifi from the mac mini.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'server functionality'.  However, you are clear in saying that you want to keep your system as simple as possible.  It looks to me that in your case you just need to run the AIR software on your Mac, which you can connect to the Devialet via Ethernet, with your SSD connected directly to the Mac.  This will allow you to play locally stored music, Tidal or anything else via AIR.  I can't really see how using a NAS drive will help.  You will of course need some way of creating a back up of your locally stored music, but there are lots of ways you could do this, depending on your set up.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12