Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DLNA upgrade to D200
Well it is clear from all the marketing literature I have read that it is an upgrade board. If Devialet would make it available to the D200 owners It would only be good for the business.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Smile 
(31-Dec-2016, 12:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-Dec-2016, 10:49)K4680 Wrote:
(30-Dec-2016, 12:20)yabaVR Wrote: Maybe the streamer board is not only meant to be for streaming...perhaps they have developed the long awaited digital room correction (to alpha state  Angel ). If they put some powerfull CPU on the streamer board it might serve multiple purposes for them they could not achieve with the Expert-Line. They will need more power for this to function, hence the new motherboard and power unit of the PROs.

BUT even if they do a decent job on this they can not come out with better sound quality as before because they are adding just another electronic device with all its power consumption and switches and EMF etc. It has to be equal or worse...there is no technical way it will be sounding better.

For people like me who are hearing the flaws in sound with SAM on and Filters on and other features the configurator has in store for us the new streamer board will most likely be of no value. No sorrow for not getting it.

My hope though is that we will be able to upgrade the next years to a PRO w/o being forced to buy the streamer board. Then I would appreciate an upgrade to PRO for the next year only because of SQ (and modding the darn thing  Big Grin ).

gui

Hello, at the HighEnd 2016 in Munich I have a talks between a dealer and Devialet folks. In the conversation was always talked about, the Devialet does not have to be opened to retrofit the card !! So, conclusion it is an external solution??
Happy New Year

Perhaps it's so small it fits into the SD card socket?  Big Grin

Or most likely, at Munich 2016 Devialet had even less of a clue what it would actually be?  After all, electronics aren't things you plan and design in advance - if you announce them, they will come.....

It would also be conceivable to loop the card through the ethernet interface!!!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
One of the changes Devialet has made (and confirmed) in the Pro models is the power supply which'll pass through the frequencies required for PLC (ethernet over power lines). So this feature would not work with non-Pro's.

What's also confirmed is the the new models will support 5gHz WiFi.

I've always assumed Devialet would offer replacements of both the small WiFi interface board and the bigger (but still small) DUET card which among other things holds the USB/ethernet circuitry and inputs and main DSP. The DUET card would then also become the 'single board computer' (SBC) which runs the Devialet OS (probably some Linux distro) similar in functionality we now see in Phantom/Dialog.

I don't think this Devialet OS will fully replace the current firmware driven components/microcontrollers but it will complement these.

In the current Pro models the exact same "old" WiFi and DUET daughterboards are fitted (I've seen the inside of my 250Pro) so these are at least pin-compatible with the Pro mainboard.

An external solution doesn't seem likely to me as it would probably be self powered (not by the Pro) and thus the Pro wouldn't need a PLC compatible PSU.

We'll have to wait and see, much is complete speculation and little has been confirmed.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
For what it's worth, I've been told by someone I trust (though not a Devialet employee) that the new board will be internal and can be fitted easily by a dealer or end customer.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(31-Dec-2016, 17:11)thumb5 Wrote: For what it's worth, I've been told by someone I trust (though not a Devialet employee) that the new board will be internal and can be fitted easily by a dealer or end customer.

Yes it makes the fact that the O d'A owners weren't first in line for the PRO upgrade all the more perplexing.  Dodgy

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I wonder how Devialet will make sure the O d'A sounds better then the other amplifiers in the future... that was one of the main points with the O d'A? Apart from the Rose Gold finish of course. I'd love to own the O d'A, but I can not afford it... paying to get my 250 upgraded to Pro was almost too much.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(31-Dec-2016, 22:22)ogs Wrote: I wonder how Devialet will make sure the O d'A sounds better then the other amplifiers in the future... that was one of the main points with the O d'A? Apart from the Rose Gold finish of course. 

Well I'm not sure that is really their objective anymore, if you think about it all O d'As are sold now. 

The O d'A had its limelight all of 6 months if you were lucky to be in the first batch of happy recipients. In my case it was 3 months or so, although much of that was overshadowed by all the conjecture following The Versailles Event.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(31-Dec-2016, 18:19)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(31-Dec-2016, 17:11)thumb5 Wrote: For what it's worth, I've been told by someone I trust (though not a Devialet employee) that the new board will be internal and can be fitted easily by a dealer or end customer.

Yes it makes the fact that the O d'A owners weren't first in line for the PRO upgrade all the more perplexing.  Dodgy

Guillaume

That's because they are feverishly working on the extra 200Watt we're getting  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-Dec-2016, 22:40)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(31-Dec-2016, 18:19)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

That's because they are feverishly working on the extra 200Watt we're getting  Smile

For the following reasons I still believe in an external solution:
1. Not every user is able to install
2. Not every user has a dealer in direct proximity
3. The risk of static charge, bent contacts etc.
4. What Is with the warranty if something happened during the installation?
For external devices, you could also use PoE. Powerline is also a possibility! But I hope we will soon learn it ;-)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
It could be a firmware upgrade, as supposed to a change of hardware. But this would only make sense for the Expert Pro line and not the O d'A. So how long is the wait? As far as I know no timeline has been announced by Devialet as of yet. It would be nice to get a definite date of some kind.