Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
These dropouts make me crazy
Installed Process Lasso, using default the dropouts persist, maybe to a lesser degree though. Where do I set AIR to "real time"?
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
(30-Dec-2016, 17:14)frejo Wrote: Installed Process Lasso, using default the dropouts persist, maybe to a lesser degree though. Where do I set AIR to "real time"?

Have you checked that the CPU use on the box is close to zero? That you have free ram? Nothing else is making much use of the network?

Have you checked the temp of the CPU?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
The CPU use is more like 20-30 %. I also have 750 threads in 56 processes. Is this normal? Ram load is around 30 %. I have no idea what this means...
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Devialet Gemini
(30-Dec-2016, 18:39)frejo Wrote: The CPU use is more like 20-30 %. I also have 750 threads in 56 processes. Is this normal? Ram load is around 30 %. I have no idea what this means...
Sounds like something is using CPU, is this whilst it's not doing anything? What CPU is it?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
It works!! At least for now.... And not only does it play DSD and 192/24 without dropouts, the sound quality has improved as well.
I set AIR in process lasso as "game" and turned off windows defender completely.
Thanks for all help and Happy New Year!
Devialet Gemini
(31-Dec-2016, 12:01)frejo Wrote: It works!! At least for now.... And not only does it play DSD and 192/24 without dropouts, the sound quality has improved as well.
I set AIR in process lasso as "game" and turned off windows defender completely.
Thanks for all help and Happy New Year!

Hey frejo,
nice to hear that. Now if Process Lasso not only made it perform stable but also improved the SQ I would go for AO because AO gives you a REAL improvement in SQ then. AO is big step forward...at least it was for my system

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin