Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best power cord for Devialet
(17-Jul-2017, 19:21)BoyScout Wrote:
(17-Jul-2017, 17:35)Jonas Wrote:
(14-Apr-2017, 05:32)Waiski Wrote: I have had comparisons over the years but not too many with Devialet. At the moment I have also Voima2 in test and also some Shunyata cables but not final results yet. I believe there is no need to change away from Voima1.

Voima1 was easy to buy because I didn't find any weaknesses in the sound.

Any additional thoughts after comparing Voima 1 and 2 with which Shunyatas?

I´m waiting for that thoughts too...
Graditech site has a huge promotion for Voima 1 to Devialet, but they´re the factory.

Boyscout

Whereabouts on their website is the promotion for the Voima, I can't seem to see it.

Any indication of promotion pricing (I would need 2 for my pair of 250Pro's)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I don't have an opinion about power cords for the devialet but I can report that a separate ground did wonders for me.
I built thick copper mesh, about 1m square and buried it more than a meter into the ground ,in addition I used 2 solid copper ground rods going additional 15 meter into the ground. I also. connect it to water line. All joints are crimped and welded. In addition I keep the ground moist ( irrigation) For me it's by far the best twerk I ever found. I do it for years now, ( every time I move apartment or house) and I always amazed of the positive deference. I know it's not easy tweak , specially in apartment with neighbors
(18-Jul-2017, 01:37)Celts88 Wrote: Boyscout

Whereabouts on their website is the promotion for the Voima, I can't seem to see it.

Hi Celts,

Here´s the link to the site i saw:

http://www.graditech.fi/voima-1/

I know the price is around 400€, a bit more, but seems they´ve just a few retailers but you can buy directly to them.
Take a look on the Graditech site. There´s a contact sheet to obtain all the information you need.
The question is: It really improves the sound? Four hundred something euros improvement?
I don´t know, in the other hand, the Dev power cable don´t look bad at all.
I´m waiting for opinions coming for testing.

Cheers.
I'm travelling at the moment so maybe I can write a review later this week.

Shortly. I did prefer Voima1 with Expert. I do prefer Voima2 with Pro.
(18-Jul-2017, 13:06)Waiski Wrote: I'm travelling at the moment so maybe I can write a review later this week.

Nice, got Voima 1, TWL HPDA and Wireworld on the short list.
(18-Jul-2017, 11:03)BoyScout Wrote: Here´s the link to the site i saw:

On one resellers website it mentions for the Voima:

Quote:It delivers a measurable and instantly noticeable reduction of AC interference and noise. Soundstage is deepened. Placement is more exact. Each and every note becomes more distinct and pure.

But I couldn't see any noise measurement data on the Graditech site. Does anyone know where it is?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Jul-2017, 11:03)BoyScout Wrote:

Hi Celts,

I know the price is around 400€, a bit more, but seems they´ve just a few retailers but you can buy directly to them.
Take a look on the Graditech site. There´s a contact sheet to obtain all the information you need.
The question is: It really improves the sound? Four hundred something euros improvement?

Cheers.

BoyScout

Used the contact form on the Graditech website and they've just got back to me with the standard 2017 Price List 480€ for Voima 1 (1m length).

Possibly the promotion has finished, but where did you see they were having factory discount at 400€ for Voima 1 as this would be a 20% on the standard price (I would need 2 so any help with the cost would help).

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(18-Jul-2017, 13:06)Waiski Wrote: I'm travelling at the moment so maybe I can write a review later this week.

Waiski

Thanks for the quick update.

Understand that diminishing returns always come into play with the dearer models, but is the Voima2 that much better with your Pro's over the Voima1 (the Voima2 is double the price of the Voima1).

Hope your trip's going ok.

Cheers
John

Australia (Perth)
(18-Jul-2017, 15:59)Celts88 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 11:03)BoyScout Wrote:

Hi Celts,

Cheers.

BoyScout

Used the contact form on the Graditech website and they've just got back to me with the standard 2017 Price List 480€ for Voima 1 (1m length).

Possibly the promotion has finished, but where did you see they were having factory discount at 400€ for Voima 1 as this would be a 20% on the standard price (I would need 2 so any help with the cost would help).

Cheers
John
I see, John,

Maybe they finished the promotion, i guess. I saw it at 420€ or so.
It´s a bit expensive if you need two, i understand, but give me a few hours, i´ve time today and i´ll check some channels to find something for a good price, used or demo.
I f i´ll find something i´ll let you know.
Bye.
(18-Jul-2017, 16:57)BoyScout Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 15:59)Celts88 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 11:03)BoyScout Wrote: Hi Celts,

Cheers.

BoyScout

Cheers
John
I see, John,

Maybe they finished the promotion, i guess. I saw it at 420€ or so.
It´s a bit expensive if you need two, i understand, but give me a few hours, i´ve time today and i´ll check some channels to find something for a good price, used or demo.
I f i´ll find something i´ll let you know.
Bye.

BoyScout

Yes, appears as though the promotion may have ended.

It may seem that I'm being a bit tight with my money regarding the power cords (Voima 1 are a lot cheaper than lots of other PC's), but I got laid off end of March and money is a bit tighter than before (certainly can't afford a pair of Voima 2's).

Appreciate your offer to help.

Cheers
John

If I don't reply to you later it's because I'm off to bed now, seeing as it's midnight here in Oz  Sleepy

Australia (Perth)