Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best power cord for Devialet
(18-Jul-2017, 17:07)Celts88 Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 16:57)BoyScout Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 15:59)Celts88 Wrote: BoyScout

Used the contact form on the Graditech website and they've just got back to me with the standard 2017 Price List 480€ for Voima 1 (1m length).

Possibly the promotion has finished, but where did you see they were having factory discount at 400€ for Voima 1 as this would be a 20% on the standard price (I would need 2 so any help with the cost would help).

Cheers
John
I see, John,

Maybe they finished the promotion, i guess. I saw it at 420€ or so.
It´s a bit expensive if you need two, i understand, but give me a few hours, i´ve time today and i´ll check some channels to find something for a good price, used or demo.
I f i´ll find something i´ll let you know.
Bye.

BoyScout

Yes, appears as though the promotion may have ended.

It may seem that I'm being a bit tight with my money regarding the power cords (Voima 1 are a lot cheaper than lots of other PC's), but I got laid off end of March and money is a bit tighter than before (certainly can't afford a pair of Voima 2's).

Appreciate your offer to help.

Cheers
John

If I don't reply to you later it's because I'm off to bed now, seeing as it's midnight here in Oz  Sleepy

Good morning John,

You know what? Those cables must be something, because i search for the (a lot) and it seems impossible to find one available to buy.
I saw ads to sell from 2014, all expired. I´m sorry.
But remains one doubt to me: is it worthwile changing the custom cable from devialet? Did you hear the difference?
I hope you´ll find awhat you want.
Cheers,
Hi again, it took a bit longer than expected to have time to write. First thing I must say, I can't tell you what is good power cord and how does it sound in your system. I write only what I have heard in my system (D1000 Pro, JBL 4345 modified, computer with Foobar & Tidal, room is build fully for listening music).

I would live happily with standard power cords if I didn't test other cords. So basic cords are ok. I have tested a lot of cables in last 10 years, mostly without significant sound effect, some times huge effect. With Devialet Pro I have tested seriously only standard cables, Graditech Voima 1 and Voima 2. I write only about Voima 1 and Voima 2 due those cables I know well, others not so well so better to say nothing about those. With "old" expert I did test some other cables also but those tests are not comparable to Pro. Pro is different amp and for that suits different cables.

I have been in direct contact to Graditech's owner/product developer and had hours of talk about cables. He is quite honest and direct man who knows what he is doing. He doesn't sell you an expensive cable if he doesn't see that you can benefit from the cable. He is also willing to give cables into test and he made me RCA-XLR digital cable only for testing purpose (actually I bought that also).

Voima 1:
Good overall balance, this cable gives weight to music, maybe a bit tube like sound, easy to listen.

Voima 2:
More stiff, fast, detailed, extended, better resolution compared to Voima 1. When I connected Voima 2 first time after listening Voima 1 my jaw dropped. How big difference can power cable make! I didn't expect this difference because I had tested this cable with old Exper 250 and with that amp the difference was not that big and actually I did like Voima 1 better.

I suggest to test both cables if you are interested. Like said in the beginning, you need to listen your self what is good for you and your system.
(25-Jul-2017, 09:55)Waiski Wrote: Hi again, it took a bit longer than expected to have time to write. 

Thanks for interesting thoughts. Which Shunyatas did you compare with?
Hello, I have tested the last time different power cables (HMS, Supra, Furutech, IsoTek, WireWorld, Kimber etc.) I stayed with Audioquest "NRG-10", I find it harmonizes very well with Devialet!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(31-Jul-2017, 15:15)K4680 Wrote: Hello, I have tested the last time different power cables (HMS, Supra, Furutech, IsoTek, WireWorld, Kimber etc.) I stayed with Audioquest "NRG-10", I find it harmonizes very well with Devialet!

Hi K4680

That's also an interesting solution. Beryllium tweeters could sometimes be pretty tricky. Presume your set up sounds marvelous.
(31-Jul-2017, 15:49)Jonas Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 15:15)K4680 Wrote: Hello, I have tested the last time different power cables (HMS, Supra, Furutech, IsoTek, WireWorld, Kimber etc.) I stayed with Audioquest "NRG-10", I find it harmonizes very well with Devialet!

Hi K4680

That's also an interesting solution. Beryllium tweeters could sometimes be pretty tricky. Presume your set up sounds marvelous.

Hello Jonas,

Thank you. I did the test without power optimizer etc., directly from a Furutech wall plug. The EVO3 Sigmas I bought later, give again an increased SQ!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(31-Jul-2017, 16:39)K4680 Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 15:49)Jonas Wrote:

Hi K4680

Hello Jonas,

Thank you. I did the test without power optimizer etc., directly from a Furutech wall plug. The EVO3 Sigmas I bought later, give again an increased SQ!
Smart step by step moves. Will test that wall plug later on. Right now I am separated from HiFi sound for some more weeks. :-( So the EVO3 Sigmas brought more "live feeling" to the listening room?
(31-Jul-2017, 17:21)Jonas Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 16:39)K4680 Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 15:49)Jonas Wrote: Hi K4680

Hello Jonas,

Smart step by step moves. Will test that wall plug later on. Right now I am separated from HiFi sound for some more weeks. :-( So the EVO3 Sigmas brought more "live feeling" to the listening room?

Hi, Jonas the most striking was the calm and the flow in the performance! Rolleyes
Germany / Bavaria
(31-Jul-2017, 19:00)K4680 Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 17:21)Jonas Wrote:
(31-Jul-2017, 16:39)K4680 Wrote: Hello Jonas,

Hi, Jonas the most striking was the calm and the flow in the performance! Rolleyes

Interesting, the high end suddenly became ultra end! Wonder how close one actually could come to a live performance. Feels like "perfect" HiFi is around the corner. Sometimes flow is connected to coherence (A suitable definition? - How true the recorded music sounds).
What are your experiences in burn-in time of High Current power cables (I am using two Audioquest Thunder for Devialet mono amps - two 220 Pros). How long does it take and to what extend will it improve performance?