Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
devialet: 250pro SQ and Service
Dear audiophile friends,
Happy New Year.

I would like to share with you my experience with devialet.

About usability and Sound Quality (SQ):
After many years I decided the change my audio system, not with the purpose to improve SQ but to improve usability: I wanted to use my iphone (or similar device) to search/select tracks and to easy access content available in the Internet (hdtracks, etc). I bought a used d-premier from a friend and upgraded it to 250 pro. In my view the d-premier was a so-so machine: it lacked many things I had in my previews system, specially the soundstage: it was flat, no depth and no air around instruments. Also to my ears it lacked emotion. On the other hand the 250pro is a completely new animal: the soundstage is much deeper and more uniform. I felt the d-premier was flattening the extremes of the sound stage, especially at low volumes. With the 250pro everything is more alive and closer to a real performance. I am using Ethernet air 3 beta in windows and jriver without any problem. Also for comparison, I used my 12k+ sacd player and I prefer the air 3 in terms of SQ, not to mention the usability factor. I will sell the sacd player! At the end I prefer the 250pro to my previous system (100+kg of amplification, lots of cables, etc).

About Service:
The upgrade was very fast. It took 2 weeks (I live in Portugal) and the 250pro did seem a new unit. No issues here. After 2 weeks the display cracked without anyone touching it. It seems odd but it is true. The devialet and the system are in a dedicated room and one night it was ok and in the morning it was cracked! Well.... I contacted devialet which directed me to the local distributor in Portugal. Devialet was very polite and apologized for the problem! The local distributor was very fast and helpful to ship the devialet and didn't ask too many questions about the problem. The repaired unit arrived 1 month later in perfect condition. I found this very good service and I don’t think 1 month is too much, considering this was in December and devialet surely was busy with the upgrades. I was for many years an executive for a IT company and I understand at some extent the difficulties of providing a good service to your customers. I was expecting to have to explain how the display cracked, but no, no questions from devialet or the local distributor!

I have an upgrade path ahead. I saved money selling the old system (still going to sell the sacs), which I will use to upgrade my 15 years old proac 3.8 and I will sure consider a 1000pro.

This forum was decisive in my decision to buy the devialet. Thank you all.

My system: jriver/jremote -> intel i6200u fanless -> audioquest  cinnamon ethernet -> devialet 250pro -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8. Solid tech hybrid rack.

At the beginning I was using wifi air and it was good, but I prefer direct Ethernet connection. Everything seems more smooth and fluid.

Thank you again 
jbp
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
Hi jbp,
nice to hear, same experience here. What was your old 100+kg system ? Only curious...
Hi

It was ASR ... 4 big boxes plus cables! Very good amplifier. It was paired with dcs puccini.

Best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.