Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Phantom to Samsung One Connect Box
Hi,

I'm trying to connect my dialog and 2 Gold Phantoms to my Samsung UE49ks7000. As this is 4K TV, Devialet support told me that the best thing to do was to simply connect the Dialog the Optical Output of the One Connect box delivered with the TV. (box looks like this)

The only issue is that there is no sound...

I changed the settings on the TV to OPTICAL OUT instead of TV Speakers, rebooted the whole system but still no sound.

It works perfectly if I connect the Dialog directly to my PS4, but this is not the only source and using the OPTICAL OUT of the TV box would let me use the Phantoms as main speakers for each individual source.

Any ideas?
(03-Jan-2017, 06:28)gregleo Wrote: Hi,

I'm trying to connect my dialog and 2 Gold Phantoms to my Samsung UE49ks7000. As this is 4K TV, Devialet support told me that the best thing to do was to simply connect the Dialog the Optical Output of the One Connect box delivered with the TV. (box looks like this)

The only issue is that there is no sound...

I changed the settings on the TV to OPTICAL OUT instead of TV Speakers, rebooted the whole system but still no sound.

It works perfectly if I connect the Dialog directly to my PS4, but this is not the only source and using the OPTICAL OUT of the TV box would let me use the Phantoms as main speakers for each individual source.

Any ideas?

Go to spark -> settings -> devices -> device where the optical is connected (phantom or dialog) > on + Tv
Ok, it seems I get the sound of every source but not when the TV itself is the source. TV doesn't seem to have a standalone optical output.
(03-Jan-2017, 14:04)gregleo Wrote: Ok, it seems I get the sound of every source but not when the TV itself is the source. TV doesn't seem to have a standalone optical output.

In my case i have a optical out from the one connect box and it is funtion flawlesly
(03-Jan-2017, 14:15)Johnnydev Wrote:
(03-Jan-2017, 14:04)gregleo Wrote: Ok, it seems I get the sound of every source but not when the TV itself is the source. TV doesn't seem to have a standalone optical output.

In my case i have a optical out from the one connect box and it is funtion flawlesly

Well every external source seem to work, but ifI use apps from the TV itself (Netflix or Youtube) I got no sound. Same with you?
(03-Jan-2017, 15:59)gregleo Wrote:
(03-Jan-2017, 14:15)Johnnydev Wrote:

Well every external source seem to work, but ifI use apps from the TV itself (Netflix or Youtube) I got no sound. Same with you?

This is easy to fix, you have to change the sound format in the menu of your TV to PCM I believe it is.
(03-Jan-2017, 18:03)Logical Wrote:
(03-Jan-2017, 15:59)gregleo Wrote:
(03-Jan-2017, 14:15)Johnnydev Wrote: In my case i have a optical out from the one connect box and it is funtion flawlesly

This is easy to fix, you have to change the sound format in the menu of your TV to PCM I believe it is.

Just checked and it was already set on PCM... It can't be this doesn't work. There should be something I'm not doing right.
There is not much you can do. You chose the Optical output on your Samsung TV, make sure both settings under Expert Settings are set to PCM, swith on the optical port on you Phantom/Dialog and sound should come. Remember you have to turn your TV off and on again after changing the settings on the TV.
At least that was all I did, and it worked.