Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
click/bang noise from phantom when powering off
when power off the silver phantom, both from the wall socket or hold the power button for 10s+ for the stand-by mode, there's a click/bang noise come from the metal dome (by pressing the power button for 10 seconds the metal dome vibrates when there's the sound). It's quite noticeable. Does anyone notice the same noise, could it be the power amp inside the phantom, should I be worried?
I asked Devialet some months ago about putting my Phantoms off in place of in sleep mode because I wondered about heat they produced. They told me there was no problem with staying on sleep mode but that I could turn them off by pressing during 8 seconds at least on the back button until I hear a distinctive sound. I suppose that it is this sound you have noticed.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
(06-Jan-2017, 17:13)Jean-Claude Wrote: I asked Devialet some months ago about putting my Phantoms off in place of in sleep mode because I wondered about heat they produced. They told me there was no problem with staying on sleep mode but that I could turn them off by pressing during 8 seconds at least on the back button until I hear a distinctive sound. I suppose that it is this sound you have noticed.

Hi thanks for the feedback but I think the sound you are referring to is when phantom goes to sleep mode the metal dome vibrates and there's a sound. but after that I got a click sound from the high/mid unit from the front - and this happens when I put it to sleep mode or just unplug the power cable. I will record the sound and shoot devialet CS a message.
(09-Jan-2017, 10:58)Supra Wrote:
(06-Jan-2017, 17:13)Jean-Claude Wrote: I asked Devialet some months ago about putting my Phantoms off in place of in sleep mode because I wondered about heat they produced. They told me there was no problem with staying on sleep mode but that I could turn them off by pressing during 8 seconds at least on the back button until I hear a distinctive sound. I suppose that it is this sound you have noticed.

Hi thanks for the feedback but I think the sound you are referring to is when phantom goes to sleep mode the metal dome vibrates and there's a sound. but after that I got a click sound from the high/mid unit from the front - and this happens when I put it to sleep mode or just unplug the power cable. I will record the sound and shoot devialet CS a message.

You're right. So I didn't notice this click sound you speak about.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France