Poll: How do you find the sound quality of Tidal MQA?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I love it! It's a ten out of ten
20.59%
7 20.59%
It is better than standard but it's not a ten out of ten yet
8.82%
3 8.82%
It is better than standard but you really need to do an ABX test to hear the difference
11.76%
4 11.76%
It is better but I believe it would be even better if Devialet would implement MQA in their DAC
41.18%
14 41.18%
I can't hear any difference between standard and MQA
17.65%
6 17.65%
MQA is worse than standard
0%
0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you find the sound quality of Tidal MQA?
(07-Jan-2017, 09:58)Xander Wrote: Playing now some Phil Collins Masters and first impression is really good, better than standard, but I need more testing. Unfortunately the Tidal/ AIR setup on my MacBook is not as stable then for example Audirvana... experiencing some drops in the signal, next to this the Tidal app is using significant energy and system resources. I don't know if it is the MQA decoding or a badly designed app (or my laptop).

Will do the poll later when I have done some A/B testings...

I just checked on my MacBook Pro; Tidal helper (twice) and Tidal itself take up about 50% of the CPU usage and 35% of it's energy usage. so it's fair to say Tidal needs a decent computer.

Listening to Tourist by St. Germain straight from my Mac to my El Cheapo in ears. It sounds quite alright. Can't wait to try it at home.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you find the sound quality of Tidal MQA? - by Pim - 07-Jan-2017, 10:10