Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 or 4 way phantom gold system
I’ve been a very satisfied owner of stereo phantom golds + dialogue for around two years now and just recently picked up a pair of phantom reactors 900,  which I’m also happy about.  However Ive been thinking of upgrading the phantom gold pair to either 3-4 gold phantoms,  ie 1L + 1R + 1C(mixed)...wondering if anyone has this configuration and if so, how does it compare to just a stereo pair of golds.  Hopefully someone can share their experience with this setup.  Thanks
I’m using 3 Phantoms in our living / eating room. They are set up in two rooms in Spark, one as stereo and the other as mix. The Phantoms are positioned in a triangle, the stereo pair in the living room part and the one configured as mix in the eating room part. By merging the ‘rooms’ in Spark the room is nicely filled with sound the stereo image remains intact and gains in depth. The sound volume can be adjusted individually for each of the merged rooms.
(28-Jan-2019, 01:02)Ryu79 Wrote: I’ve been a very satisfied owner of stereo phantom golds + dialogue for around two years now and just recently picked up a pair of phantom reactors 900,  which I’m also happy about.  However Ive been thinking of upgrading the phantom gold pair to either 3-4 gold phantoms,  ie 1L + 1R + 1C(mixed)...wondering if anyone has this configuration and if so, how does it compare to just a stereo pair of golds.  Hopefully someone can share their experience with this setup.  Thanks

(31-Jan-2019, 04:32)streamy Wrote: I’m using 3 Phantoms in our living / eating room. They are set up in two rooms in Spark, one as stereo and the other as mix. The Phantoms are positioned in a triangle, the stereo pair in the living room part and the one configured as mix in the eating room part. By merging the ‘rooms’ in Spark the room is nicely filled with sound the stereo image remains intact and gains in depth. The sound volume can be adjusted individually for each of the merged rooms.

Thank you so much for sharing.  I think I’m going to expand my system...really it was just a matter of time before it happened since it’s a modular design.
(28-Jan-2019, 01:02)Ryu79 Wrote: I’ve been a very satisfied owner of stereo phantom golds + dialogue for around two years now and just recently picked up a pair of phantom reactors 900,  which I’m also happy about.  However Ive been thinking of upgrading the phantom gold pair to either 3-4 gold phantoms,  ie 1L + 1R + 1C(mixed)...wondering if anyone has this configuration and if so, how does it compare to just a stereo pair of golds.  Hopefully someone can share their experience with this setup.  Thanks

(31-Jan-2019, 04:32)streamy Wrote: I’m using 3 Phantoms in our living / eating room. They are set up in two rooms in Spark, one as stereo and the other as mix. The Phantoms are positioned in a triangle, the stereo pair in the living room part and the one configured as mix in the eating room part. By merging the ‘rooms’ in Spark the room is nicely filled with sound the stereo image remains intact and gains in depth. The sound volume can be adjusted individually for each of the merged rooms.

Thank you so much for sharing.  I think I’m going to expand my system...really it was just a matter of time before it happened since it’s a modular design.
I'd buy three reactors and two golds if I was sure they would work as 5.1, and I could choose to disable the lag (even at a cost).