Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie
(11-Jan-2017, 08:58)Jean-Claude Wrote:
(10-Jan-2017, 21:52)angenet Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 14:48)HelloIf you can afford two Gold, then do not waste your money on Gold.. Instead, get two silvers.. and with the rest of money, get a Roon (Roon lab) Lifetime membership, Buy one raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry Digi+ sound card...(hifiberry.com) and you will have the perfect system (troublefree)..with exceptional sound quality.The raspberry Pi and Hifiberry will make your system Roon Ready.. with everything included...  Popplus Wrote: Hello,

Im a complete newbie. Wondering if I should get the Silver or the Gold version.

Not a audiophile guy, will be using it to watch TV, movies, sports, play video games and listen to music through spotify.
I will just get one, so not gonna have it in stereo mode and it will be placed in a 43 square meter apartment.

Will I notice any difference between the Silver og Gold version? Or should I just go for the Silver one.
Thanks for any advice.

If you listen to music through spotify, which is not a lossless format, Gold will not give you a run for your money. Having experienced 2 Silver during one year and now 2 Gold, I can say that the huge difference is when you listen to hi-fi recordings through direct or lossless support (Wav, AIF, Flac).

And i can say that the difference when you connect the pantoms and dialog to the same (unfiltered) powerblock and all connected with cat7 ethernetcables that it gives you the biggest diference you can wish with the silvers.

It was for me an upgrade, i still not can believe, so huge! 

I like them now more then the golds and special with the highest streaming support available (i use qobuz)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie - by Johnnydev - 11-Jan-2017, 10:06