Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(10-Jan-2017, 10:35)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(10-Jan-2017, 10:21)Confused Wrote: Does anyone actually know what is required for a fully 'MQA' certified DAC?  Is it specific hardware, firmware or whatever?  What specifically is required?

From what we read early on in the game you HAD to have an MQA capable DAC. From what I read on Computer Audiophile Tidal does it all... ALL being the operative word, although not mentioned like that but definitely hinted at.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3882&page=4

But whether that is actually the case, who knows. Confused, Confused?  Huh
A few minutes on Google and I managed to answer my own question.  Basically you need 'custom' MQA software specific for the DAC chip used.  How this fits with Devialet's DAC implementation and ADH I am not sure.  Also, assuming this could be done, would it require licensing fees from Devialet to Meridian?   Many questions, and I suspect it will be a very long time before there are any definitive answers from Devialet. Good news that we do at least have the prospect of music server software based solutions in the meantime.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Confused - 10-Jan-2017, 11:02