Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(10-Jan-2017, 21:18)Music or sound Wrote: Audirvana next version (3.0) is supposed to decode MQA. Presently the available catalog is too small that MQA relevant for me now but that could change within a year.
Earlier infos from MQA hinted at that to get the full benefit  decoding has to be done at the DAC level but since then decoding on a server/computer works too but will the sound quality be similar?
I listened to some MQA files undecoded and they did not sound better than straight 16/44.1. So if that is all what we can get with Devialet it would be disappointing. Or should I be disappointed with MQA as an irrelevant format which only confuses high res audio?

Your comparison should be first level unfolded MQA via the Tidal App to the Devialet vs straight 16/44.1 to the Devialet.  If you can't hear a difference all is well and  you shouldn't worry too much about MQA.

If the software unfolded MQA sounds better then having hardware decoding support in the Devialet might take it to another level yet.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Dr Tone - 11-Jan-2017, 17:45