Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(11-Jan-2017, 21:33)Confused Wrote: ....  I figure that as Roon are soon to implement their own MQA software decoding, they should be familiar with the facts.  ...

You'd think so but I sense things aren't quite as clear cut. From various quarters I get the distinct impression MQA might be following in Devialet's footsteps in terms of clarity and consistency of marketing messages vs actual reality and delivery, as well as being a bit elusive and tricky.

Maybe they'll get on like a house on fire, and we'll see MQA on Devialet really soon. Big Grin

Seriously though, beyond a select few people no one really knows how effective this DAC specific de-blurring (or whatever it is) will be.
My trials have been limited to Tidal app on my Mac pro using standard headphone socket, so not exactly high end and not hardware decided, and I can't say I got excited enough to really worry about it. It's a bit like when CDs first came out to me - better to wait and see what happens over the next few years. If it's any good, everything will support it and the technology will be cheaper. If not, it will disapear andcthe only people upset will be anyone that rushed out and bought an expensive MQA DAC and a load if expensive MQA downloads.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Hifi_swlon - 11-Jan-2017, 23:07