Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For international, (all not in EU) upgrade shipments
Damon:

Haha. It was painful to recount the whole ordeal. It wasn't customs or Devialet at all. It was UPS bungling entirely, in and out. But once I was able to get them to pull my package off the UPS infinite carousels of stupidity, things happened quite quickly. What really spiked my blood pressure me was not the absence of the amp, but explaining shit over and over and trying to get a clear explanation of what they wanted and what was happening. It wore on me pretty good. lol. Anyway, it was what it was and it's over and I fully agree, the 120 to 220 move was a damn good one.

You had posted your detailed thoughts on the 120 to 220 upgrade experience a little before mine arrived back and I saw it but didn't read it right then because I wanted to wait and compare my experience with yours. I ran mine 20 hrs a day and listened casually for pretty much a week or more, then jumped in for a few good listening sessions. I gotta say, you covered it to a tee. I mean..... to a tee. Especially striking to me was your commentary on hearing the roundness of a note (I don't recall the exact wording right now). It was something that I also really noticed, especially on some piano tracks....... so much more information audible between the strike of the key and the eventual decay.... I think your write up should be acknowledged as the definitive 120 to 220 upgrade guide Smile

Well Kelowna is still Kelowna except a lot bigger as you probably know. I grew up in Langley and moved to Kelowna because I was sick of traffic and crowds. Well, wouldn't you know it, 17 years later I'm thinking of moving back to Langley to escape traffic and crowds. Haha.

On a side note, I'm thinking on speakers. The Hawks are daaaamn good in my room but curiosity is doing what curiosity does. I have been a little fascinated with audio note since the audio show so I've been looking at AN-j's or e's. but I've seen some of the Lawrence items moving through Canuck Audio and I've been intrigued. Maybe you could share some of your speaker experiences over PM?

Paul
Devialet 220. Audio Note AN-E. Macbook Pro. Mostly Tidal. Dev AIR / Ethernet. Project xpression iii.

Kelowna, British Columbia

Messages In This Thread
RE: For international, (all not in EU) upgrade shipments - by pdg540 - 10-Jan-2017, 06:06