Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker cable binding posts
I don't believe anyone has done the F'tech binding posts to-date but just a matter of time and no reason not to consider them long as physical measurements are compatible with the Devialet. I know from PM's and emails there's several people getting ready to do this conversion over the next couple of weeks but haven't pressed them for specifics. One is definitely going WBT but maybe one or two of the others are opting for F'tech. Initially I think people tend to copy-cat what's been done as it makes em feel safer. No doubt in time we'll see F'tech unless there's some fitment issue associated with it.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
http://www.furutech.com/2013/01/27/1131/

furutech dont actually do a silver post their binding posts are all gold or rhodium!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(12-Aug-2015, 03:12)warpeon Wrote: Anyone considering furutech binding post? Would rhodium or gold produce even more benefit over silver (wbt)?
I did, but only the new single wire wound piece mentioned in my earlier post.  I abandoned them as their length was too long and they were not able to be cut down in length of the shaft.  The WBTs were an easy and minimalist design that are easy to cut to length and with superb build quality that won me over.   

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
the link that i posted would probably have similar measurements to the wbt one. the single wire wound would be much too hard to get perfect!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(12-Aug-2015, 05:22)completeluxury Wrote: the link that i posted would probably have similar measurements to the wbt one. the single wire wound would be much too hard to get perfect!

Thanks. That's the one I am thinking about too... Am leaning towards f'tech as I prefer their slightly colored house sound (which I could be wrong for f'tech + devialet mix, won't know unless I try).  Will try to find a shop to take some measurement and see if the f'tech fits.  I will post pictures if I could find the f'tech, but probably in 2 weeks when I get some free time during the weekends to go to the shop.  Would appreciate if anyone could share their findings.
I don't think that one's going to work either. The PDF specification shows the threaded body/spade to be a one-piece design that's 7.3mm too long to fit. If you remove 7.3mm of spade to bring OAL back into specification there won't be enough spade length remaining (1.7mm) to engage the female clamping receivers in the Devialet and the threaded barrel will be butting up against the clamping receivers before the small remaining spade could fully seat inside them.

Here's the link. Take a look at the pic in above right of page then the physical specifications below. Sorry to be the messenger on this.

http://www.vhaudio.com/furutech-ft-809-cutout.pdf
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
how far off the back cover did you say the female clamps are?
21mm check my pic in the binding post specification thread
oohh yeah .. the furutech is 30mm deep thats a big no go
Well, to my searching, wbt next gen is the ones to go for in terms of easiest modification and as I believe fitting to the Dev. Wouldn't mind F'tech but what stable construction would it be to strip the plastics around the 'wire' construction!?

No doubt wbt next gen 0703/8 Ag for me.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK