Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Webradios Update
Does anybody know who is Devialet's new provider for Internet radio. I got the email earlier today followed by an update. From what I can see, the selection is sparse, to the point where I have lost all of my favourites. In it's current form, Webradios is pretty much useless.
this isn't a upgrade, looks more like a downgrade; not my cup of tea...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
anyone who already know how to add an URL as a radiostation...?

(10-Jan-2017, 18:31)jvi Wrote: anyone who already know how to add an URL as a radiostation...?

I haven't tested yet. After the upgrade .. but I was quite frustrated by the radios service from Devialet..
I strongly believe that they should be talking to the smart people behind Roon .. and make Phantom Roon ready...
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I can not understand what your problem are ?
It is just great
@Johnnydev...problem is the new chosen radioserver/provider. My favourite high-quality stations disappear and are not selectable anymore. So I need to use an extra frontend to listen to this stations. The whole concept of using one source Dialog/Phantom is under pressure.
Why can't Devialet offer a simple way to add your own URL's; must say that it was also not in the previous version of Webradio.
I'm an early user of Phantom but what seems to rest for me in the end is soundquality.
Usability, customer friendly software, speed of problemsolving or implementing missing functionality...until now not a key-aspect with Devialet.
It's a pity.

(11-Jan-2017, 15:59)jvi Wrote: @Johnnydev...problem is the new chosen radioserver/provider. My favourite high-quality stations disappear and are not selectable anymore. So I need to use an extra frontend to listen to this stations. The whole concept of using one source Dialog/Phantom is under pressure.
Why can't Devialet offer a simple way to add your own URL's; must say that it was also not in the previous version of Webradio.
I'm an early user of Phantom but what seems to rest for me in the end is soundquality.
Usability, customer friendly software, speed of problemsolving or implementing missing functionality...until now not a key-aspect with Devialet.
It's a pity.

I use it from the beginning and these upgrade is better for me then the next one
nice that you are satisfied with the product (hardware and software) as it is. I think that we both like the soundquality.
The rest, I think my point of view is clear.

I agree with jvi. It would be nice not to be kept in a channel of 'we know what is good for you', but to have the freedom of own choice. Since it looks like Devialet is using a, I guess not insignificant amount of open source code for their implementations, they could offer what all others do: an interface to add the webradios of own choice. With their first provider I found a number of fine and high quality channels I have now to say good bye. I might find new ones, maybe better, but it is me, a paying customer to adopt, maybe not ideal, at least not making the Devialet brand proud for service to their customers.
So we follow 'life is lifelong change'.
Based on these comments, I will be holding off the update to see if there are other comments.

In short, fewer radio stations now?