Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduced-To-Max-Mod
(30-Oct-2023, 19:03)Seb31300 Wrote: I have disabled the screen not to have the autodim remains on.
Power saving is off at home: better scene stage

Initially, I did the same, I disabled the two functionalities.
However, it wasn't the absence of functionality per se that was the problem: for me, this was a red flag that the software/hardware was no longer working properly. I have no possibility to evaluate if these are the only problems in the software induced by these changes (or if there are others) nor the long-term impact of this incorrect operation.
Under these conditions, my personal decision was to undo the changes and let the amplifier function according to the design made by the manufacturer.

About power saving: I'm not talking about DPM (this one affects the sound quality), but only about stand-by (this one doesn't affect the sound quality).
To those whore taking a look under the hood of the Devialet and knowing things: how difficult is it with a 220 PRO CI to change a (defective) fuse?
No one?! Come on Smile
(02-Nov-2023, 23:15)markush Wrote: To those whore taking a look under the hood of the Devialet and knowing things: how difficult is it with a 220 PRO CI to change a (defective) fuse?

Wow!!  Tongue  Take it easy my friend  Big Grin
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(02-Nov-2023, 23:15)markush Wrote: To those whore taking a look under the hood of the Devialet and knowing things: how difficult is it with a 220 PRO CI to change a (defective) fuse?

My best advice: if you have to ask, it’s best to leave it to the professionals. I’m a trained electrician and I won’t touch it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Do you know why the fuse had blown ?
Unfortunately not. As it’s no longer reacting to anything - so nothing even when plugged to power this must be the fuse or power supply. I thought about changing the fuse and there might be potential to tune the fuse too.
Rule number one: fuses blow for a reason. There’s something behind it that needs fixing before change the fuse.
Rule number two: placebo is real. Fuses making your stereo sound better is not. Really, it’s not. If a fuse were to improve sound quality that would mean it delivered more current. If a fuse delivered more current, then it’s too large to protect your equipment. Think about that for a second: you increase the current to your equipment can fry the lot. Don’t do it. Just don’t, no matter what the sales pitch. It’s not worth it. Ever.

I hope I made myself clear.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thank you all got it Smile
Placebo is real - But not every real thing that your delicate sences can absorb is a placebo. It's the anxiety to fall for a placebo.

The old battle of nonbeliever and the empirically knowing.
You can definitly hear differences in fuses and it has nothing to do with amperes. Amperes should always be the same for sure when exchanging fuses.

I tried out these things my whole professionell hifi life and I don't say this because I sold these things but I experienced and learned about it.

You can hear a texture (a signature) of every kind of metal, be it copper, silver, gold, rhodium - be it on a power plug, a RCA, a XLR, a speaker terminal...you name it.
The same is true when such metals are used for fuses. Imagine - the whole power is transferred through this tine little thread of metal - surely it depends on build quality and metal used to build the fuse.

There are normal copper (brass)/nickel/chrome fuses (the standard)
There are copper (brass)/nickel/chrome/silver-gold coated fuses ("top" standard, THE placebos)

But there are also some fuses made of pure silver or pure copper or copper/rhodium plated and many more. Mostly these are also cryo-treated fuses.

From what I've heard I like the pure silver fuses cryo-treated best.

I don't know what kind of fuses the Pro-Dev's have. The non-Pro's have two SMD-Fuses. I'm not aware of better SMD fuses. I experienced the glass-body-type fuses.
Try the cheap fuses (of the exact same amperage) first to be sure you have no fault inside your Devialet (maybe it was only a surge on the net) and change to a better ones later (if there are any of the same type).

Regards,
gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin