Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reduced-To-Max-Mod
(13-Feb-2017, 19:14)Vivialet Wrote:
(13-Feb-2017, 16:36)yabaVR Wrote:
(24-Jan-2017, 09:23)Vivialet Wrote: I'm using a silent mini PC with Windows 10, Fidelizer, jplay, ProcessLasso. 

I tried Hibernate Mode too in jPlay but over night my PC froze and I had to reboot allthough it was still playing music over USB.

You didn't mention Audiophile Optimizer (AO) in your list of Software above. Is there a reason why you don't use it. For me it made a very obvious improvement in SQ and as far as I see it is the basement for a stripped down Windows-System. I have to Update to WS2016 yet but also with W10 'AO' is a big step ahead in SQ. Recently added Fidelizer to my list of software tuning and again quiet a step to more realism and calmness. It's kind of controversial, but SQ is getting smoother every time transparency increases by hardware modding and software tuning.

gui

I don't want a stripped down PC now as I'm still using it for other tasks, but I'm using Fidelizer 7.6 (free) and ProcessLasso. And as I'm still thinking about buying something like the MicroRendu I don't want to invest in a pure audio PC now...
My next step in this journey is a second Mutec...

You should try to use Minimserver with the Kazoo remote instead of foobar. Another step up in SQ. And you need a Mutec of course...

I understand. On the other hand many users say it improves SQ further more if you have an stripped down audio PC that holds all your files for the microrendu.

...and yes, you are right. I defenitely need something like the Mutec.
I tried Minimserver and Kazoo but didn't get it running. Will try again.Foobar is so easy and comfortable.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
Hello ,
I have an Expert Pro 220 and I want to remove the core infinity card but
I am afraid to make a mistake . I removed the four screws but the card doesn’t
be removed when I take it . Someone have an idea ?
I don’t have any problem with the ADH card but this one is difficult to remove
from the mother board .
(19-Oct-2023, 17:18)Seb31300 Wrote: Hello ,
I have an Expert Pro 220 and I want to remove the core infinity card but
I am afraid to make a mistake . I removed the four screws but the card doesn’t
be removed when I take it . Someone have an idea ?
I don’t have any problem with the ADH card but this one is difficult to remove
from the mother board .

I have got to ask, why??
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
I only use the AES input for a homemade Streamer with
Engenereed dock card . The Core board is useless for me .
(20-Oct-2023, 15:15)Seb31300 Wrote: I only use the AES input for a homemade Streamer with
Engenereed dock card . The Core board is useless for me .

If I’m not mistaken the Core Infinity board handles the distribution of the internal clock.

Quote Devialet from the Core infinity features:

“An FPGA specifically intended to provide extra computing power to Devialet OS, optimize audio signal routing and rework clock distribution for minimal digital jitter. The gain in audio quality is substantial.”

Would it not render the unit without an internal master clock if the Core Infinity board was removed?

What possible benefit are you expecting by removing the Core board?
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
that is a clear "do not do that". I had my 1000Pro delivered without the core board first because it was not ready. After it has been added the sound was significiantly improved because of the better clock on the board. All inputs benefit from the core board.
Ok . Thanks for the reply .
I have just remove the wifi board and the trigger/optical board .
Have you tried prying it with a large screwdriver?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Be prepared for the error messages when the firmware can’t communicate with the FPGA.
(20-Oct-2023, 19:40)Pim Wrote: Have you tried prying it with a large screwdriver?

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England