Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800, What's in a slave?
(25-Jan-2017, 22:30)Dr Tone Wrote:
(25-Jan-2017, 22:15)Spindrift Wrote: I've used the Phono section on a slave D440 with a problem.

I would only question if the slave is processing the phono signal or is it just passing it to the master for processing?  Or did you actually separate your units?

Sorry in my post I meant to say "without a problem"

Interesting question though - I'm assuming the slave did the riaa processing and sent the 24/96 pcm signal to the master for left channel amplification but I don't know for sure - never tried it as a 220 slave on its own . .
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(25-Jan-2017, 22:15)Spindrift Wrote: I've used the Phono section on a slave D440 with a problem.

Interesting (without problem!). I wouldn't use it for phono anyway. If Lan were missing that could be a problem.

Thanks for all the helpful responses.
I can confirm that the Wifi and Ethernet module work together in a Devialet Expert. So a slave unit would be lacking both the ethernet module and wifi module. And since the ehternet module fits into the phono module inside the unit, it might be very much the case that that could also be lacking.
I'm pretty sure my 1000 Pro has an RJ45 ethernet socket on the slave. I'll have a look later on.
Apologies for the delay with this, I only just got the chance to do some testing.
The 1000 Pro slave does have an RJ45 port, but although the link light comes on if you connect a LAN cable, it does not do anything.
Next, I took the SD card out and did a reset on both the master and the slave. Once reset, the display reverted to D250 Pro instead of D1000 Pro.
I managed to pair a remote with the 'slave' (which was now running as a single D250 Pro).
Phono input works
Still no Ethernet or Wifi though. Upon entering the diagnostic menu, it says both Wifi and Ethernet / Duet not installed on the slave - I always thought the RJ45 socket was part of the Duet board so I'm not sure what the 1000 slave has inside, but I wasn't about to open it up sorry!