Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protection Mode?
I have not used my D200 for several weeks and when I put it back into my system the control screen would not wake up and remains blank .The red power light at the rear is illuminated but the amp is totally unresponsive to the remote power button. The small downward facing light under the front power button is not illuminated.

I have followed the suggestions in the thread 'Remote Not Working', but without success.The Devialet site suggests that there is something called "Protection Mode", but rather unhelpfully, declines to explain further.

Any information, or suggestions would be welcome.
but you can start the Devialet with the front button and use the app to control it ? So it is definitely a remote problem ?
(28-Oct-2014, 09:19)Vivialet Wrote: but you can start the Devialet with the front button and use the app to control it ? So it is definitely a remote problem ?

Sadly no, so I imagine that means something more extreme?
Maybe related to failed memory (SD) card? Try removing card, restart without it, re-insert it again...
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
Very obvious of course but did you try to unplug the power yet to hard reset the Devialet?
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks for the advice above, I have tried hard reset, hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.
Trevor and Gavin from Guildford Audio popped in and were equally baffled, they have taken the D200 away for further investigation.

Once I have their results I will post here in the (unlikely) event that anyone else has the same problem.
(28-Oct-2014, 17:40)ovo Wrote: Thanks for the advice above, I have tried hard reset, hard reset without any input cables attached (apparently this is how to jolt the amp out of protection mode), and also with and without the SD card.
Trevor and Gavin from Guildford Audio popped in and were equally baffled, they have taken the D200 away for further investigation.

Once I have their results I will post here in the (unlikely) event that anyone else has the same problem.

Any update?
Well, yes and no.
After 5 weeks it returned and worked, but without any explanation as to the cause.
I imagine that it was a software problem, but unfortunately the repair was at the time when all Devialet hands were on deck dealing with the launch of the Phantom.