Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"click" noise on phantom gold
hi!, i just get a second Phantom gold, the sound is amazing in stereo pair!, but i notice that when i press play on my iPhone it sounds a "click" noise on the new one phantom gold speciffic on the tweeter and when i stop the music it makes again, also the "first" phantom makes the noise but much less loud.. is that normal that some phantoms react different?
does anyone have some answers?
Thanks!
2x Phantom Gold, Dialog Airplay
Are you playing through Spark or Airplay? I've never heard a click noise playing through Spark, never tried Airplay.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Jan-2017, 00:18)alanassar Wrote: hi!, i just get a second Phantom gold, the sound is amazing in stereo pair!, but i notice that when i press play on my iPhone it sounds a "click" noise on the new one phantom gold speciffic on the tweeter and when i stop the music it makes again, also the "first" phantom makes the noise but much less loud.. is that normal that some phantoms react different?
Thanks!

I think the click is the device coming out or going in to power saving. One of mine is a bit louder than the other too. The louder one was made week 47 and the other week 45
(26-Jan-2017, 09:05)jonstatt Wrote:
(26-Jan-2017, 00:18)alanassar Wrote: hi!, i just get a second Phantom gold, the sound is amazing in stereo pair!, but i notice that when i press play on my iPhone it sounds a "click" noise on the new one phantom gold speciffic on the tweeter and when i stop the music it makes again, also the "first" phantom makes the noise but much less loud.. is that normal that some phantoms react different?
Thanks!

I think the click is the device coming out or going in to power saving. One of mine is a bit louder than the other too. The louder one was made week 47 and the other week 45

ragwo, it doesnt matter the source it makes the click noise, jonstatt yes its for the in and out from powers saving, i hear the click sound like a 1 meter of distance and the first phantom i have to put my ear like a 5 cm to hear it.. at what distence do you hear it?
am i have to worry about it?
Thanks!!
No, it's "normal"
(26-Jan-2017, 19:18)alanassar Wrote:
(26-Jan-2017, 09:05)jonstatt Wrote:
Thanks!

ragwo, it doesnt matter the source it makes the click noise, jonstatt yes its for the in and out from powers saving, i hear the click sound like a 1 meter of distance and the first phantom i have to put my ear like a 5 cm to hear it.. at what distence do you hear it?
am i have to worry about it?
Thanks!!

I suspect the relays vary in how noisy they are, or they are using two manufacturers. I can definitely hear it over a meter away, but I am not constantly starting and stopping playing, so it is not bothering me. I never considered that it could be a fault. Clearly just the way it is designed.
yes, now that i think about it, maybe de manufacturers... thank you!
For me, having both Silver and Gold Phantoms, it sounds like the Gold Phantom tweeters are much less damped. So the standbye mode that switches in (muting) after 3s of no muscic played results in this well auditable click on the Golds, whereas on the Silver Phantoms the 'noise of muting' is barely auditable.