Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold, Silver constant humming
Bug 
I've used Phantom Silvers for over a year, did a replacement two times, because of the appearing cracks, then again after hearing constant tweeter/midrange/power supply hum. Then once again, I had "0 watt Phantom", replaced it too.

Ok, now Silvers are gone and I bought Gold Phantoms to replace it. No luck. Gold's power supply is producing even more noise. I can easily hear it from 3-4 meters in the listening room.

I am really tired of replacing their units again and again. How long Devialet can sell faulty devices to it's customers? How can they measure noise to state "zero background noise" when the Phantom itself producing constant sounds even when there is no music playing?

Please write a comment if you ever experienced any of these problems (cracks, 0 watt, tweeter hum, power supply hum).
Tweeter hizz in the Silver and power supply noise from Gold is a bit too familiar.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have experienced the power supply hum. It's strange because I didn't notice it before.
Single Silver Phantom...more to come?
i can hear a "buzz" but only when i put my ear over the phantom Gold, the 2 units make the same noise.. nothing to be annoying..
2x Phantom Gold, Dialog Airplay
The power supply hum is present with the Silvers at 15 cm distance. So I have all the noises but no hardware faults (yet) Tongue
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Jan-2017, 19:35)alanassar Wrote: i can hear a "buzz" but only when i put my ear over the phantom Gold, the 2 units make the same noise.. nothing to be annoying..

I have two Golds manufactured week 45 and 47 so very recent. They both have a "patterned" buzzing noise if I put my ear very close to them. They are in the bedroom and even at night I cannot hear any hum and the buzz is not audible from even 30-40cm away.
On my side, this happens all the time when i use Bluetooth connection.
but when the BT is disconnected there is no buzzing sound coming from the speakers
can you try this ?
I don't use bluetooth on Phantoms. Mostly it's Spotify or Optical in.